Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SirV
Star
Star

The latest app update is a downgrade as far as I'm concerned

Why have you removed the simple indicators of battery level and now you have to click further into the app to find them, who thought that was a good idea.

482 REPLIES 482
trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

I agree this is a terrible update.  One more problem.   You can no,longer look at your cameras “live”.   The live view simply no longer works on an ipad.

how do I downgrade to the previous working version?

@Mick77 wrote:
Who the heck had the idea to change a nearly perfect layout?
What was the idea? Annoying the customer?
There are a lot of things that could be improved inthe software.for example a better live view.
Instead of this you kick out the battery indicator in the overview.
What is is the improvement of this?
2 updates ago there were the issues wit the battery drain. It took 3 month to fix it. And now this desaster. Maybe you should stop updating the software.
BTW: is there a chance to downgrade the software? Just one step back?
However, I will disable automatic updates for that app. And I recommend this for all other user.

I am really upset.

Kind regards
Michael

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

With the latest update “Live” simply no longer works.    Come on Netgear, surely you can roll back this version until you have one which works?

Fishnut99
Initiate
Initiate

I’m having the same problem. Contacted support 1 hour later no help.  I think it’s all part of the “upgrade”.  I want to go back to the previous software.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Trickytcamgeek:  It is odd that this appears to be true for quite a few people.  Mine is working quite well, though with some quirks.

What platforms are you running on?  I’m sure that knowledge would help the Arlo team diagnose the problem.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, so far a week has slowly passed by after the disasterous dysfunctional update failures and the quagmire of new "user friendly" inventions bogged down single steps to multiple steps retreiving information and coupled with literally 1000's of pizzed of Arlo client complaints logged and responce from Arlo/Netgear headquarters  . . . . . . zzzzzz  zzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzz  zzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  zzzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Arlo security must be hibernating for the next 6 months while our properties and loved ones are left exposed and vulnerable to crime and criminals.  

Mick77
Apprentice
Apprentice
Live view works. However, the layout is useless.
trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

The latest so-called"upgrade of the ios App is a disaster, as evidenced in these forums.   The biggest problem is that the live streaming no longer works in the version 2.6.1 released on 23rd October 2018.   Everything still works fine in the older version of 2.5.5.   Please urgently roll back the aApp to the previous version 2.5.5 while you design a fix to both the design problems of 2.6.1 and the video streaming problem of that later version.

Taneth
Star
Star

It's become very clear over the last 6 months that Netgear doesnt give a rats ass about its customer base.... as every issue falls on silence and yet they continue to push out updates that takes them BACKWARDS. The latest app is an abomination. Seriously, move all key information from a single pane into multiple clicks... which moron thought that was an improvement?

Fortress10
Star
Star

I agree 100%

in addition app 2.5.5 was working fine for me

I updated to version 2.6.0 and lost my audio when live streaming (note that motion triggered recording played back on iphone with no issue).  Tested live streaming using IE, Firefox and Chrome over a PC connected to the internet - all fine.

Excited to see 2.6.1 released expecting the audio issue to be fixed, but now they added another new glitch - streaming device is reporting it is not streaming.

When I chat with tech support - the first thing I ask them to do is to check their logs on 2.6.0 issues.

but they still ask me all the same dumb questions - how many camera's? try turning the camera audio off then on (but camera audio is the speaker at the camera) however the app does have a microphone on/off toggle, which I explain works on the web and with recoreded alerts (duh).

Basically - whatever they changed from 2.5.5 to 2.6.1 they need to undo - or allow users to pick 2.5.5 from itunes download site

PowerNZ
Tutor
Tutor
I see swann has wire free now - might be time to revisit what they have ...
Helpmeronda
Guide
Guide

So what can we do about it? How do we get our demands met that they put the old software available to those who want it. 

I would rather have software that is a little buggy then software written / designed by an idiot !!!!  Was this new software a school project for 6th graders?!
I just don’t know how to fix stupid. 

Sent from iPhone 

On Oct 26, 2018, at 8:53 PM, Arlo community <community@arlo.com> wrote:

Hi Helpmeronda,

Zegor (Star) posted a new reply in Arlo Pro 2 on 2018-10-26 08:53 PM:

Re: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.0 -20th October 2018

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

If I wasn't disabled and not on fixed income I'd trash this Arlo security and purchase something at least reliable.

Cath1268
Star
Star
I do have a tool to install an ipa file from pc to iPhone/iPad. The problem is to get the file of the 2.5.5 version in the first place...
trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary
Well I have the old 2.5.5 version running on another iPad. Any ideas how to get it so I can install?
Cath1268
Star
Star
Not anymore unfortunately. Since iOS9 and iTunes 12.7, Apple removed any possibility to backup ipa files from a device. There are only ways (not easy but doable) to download and backup from the AppStore.
If there is a way, I haven't find it yet. Any other non apple tool I know lost ability for backup as well, only remains the ability to install once you have an ipa file.
Don't know if there is a way to download a previous version from AppStore, but I don't think so. Apple's philosophy is now that you should allways get the more updated version, and that's from the AppStore...
They didn't count on crap updates like Arlo ones 😞
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

There's still third party tools you can backup .ipa on iOS and install your own copy but there's a limit of 4 devices per account I believe.. What makes it difficult to spread it around and share to others is the Account associated with that App.. 

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
THIS!!! ^^^^
“Basically - whatever they changed from 2.5.5 to 2.6.1 they need to undo - or allow users to pick 2.5.5 from itunes download site.” THIS!!!!! Updates 2.6.0 & 2.6.1 are worthless. Bring back the version before this terrible update.
LivermoreJim
Initiate
Initiate

I also agree.  Seems to be NO responsible reply to customer issues.  Didn't they test updates before they put them out?  A return to the pre 2.6.0 version would be best.  Home security is a vital issue.

- my batteries no longer show percent change

- email notification is sluggish

- extra steps now just to turn cameras on or off

- and on and on

A competitor hacking their system could not have cause more damage to ARLO'S reputation.

Racenotes
Aspirant
Aspirant

2.6.1 is Not Working with iOS, Video does Not work on IPad Pro. Pls roll back asap to 2.5.5.

and Setup a Professional SW Development Process inclusive. Dedicated Testing.

rl10335
Tutor
Tutor
Yet another in many continuous problems with the latest IOS app update.  Now when I log in all my batteries show (for a few seconds) that they are low on power.  I am receiving notices that there is motion on my cameras, but no associated video is recorded!!  The alert time from when motion is detected and the app notifies me has been as long as 6 minutes.  The average time is 4.5 minutes!!

I am at a lost of why this continues to be an issue and why it is taking so long to repair and correct.

App Information:
Version - 2.6.1
Released - 10/23/2018

I have attached the image of the battery issue information.

Thanks

Rick
skynet11
Star
Star

@Lemondog7 wrote:
THIS!!! ^^^^
“Basically - whatever they changed from 2.5.5 to 2.6.1 they need to undo - or allow users to pick 2.5.5 from itunes download site.” THIS!!!!! Updates 2.6.0 & 2.6.1 are worthless. Bring back the version before this terrible update.

From your mouth to those in authority at ARLO!

Cjhopper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I run Arlo on desk top and 2 iPhones and an iPad. One of the iPhones and the iPad updated to this terrible version.  I hate it. Is there anyway to revert back?

GarySzy
Star
Star
Fix the iOS app. The battery icons/status require 3 clicks per camera. They need to be available without clicking into anything. Including if they are currently charging and what the battery % is
guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

the new app is terrible both on the ipad and iphone but Netgear is ignoring us...

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear are you even reading this???