Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SirV
Star
Star

The latest app update is a downgrade as far as I'm concerned

Why have you removed the simple indicators of battery level and now you have to click further into the app to find them, who thought that was a good idea.

482 REPLIES 482
EzZambezi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get the live mode to work today with the new App on my IPad Pro.  Very frustrating. Tried deleting app and reloading.. same thing.  Also th Chat feature to reach tech support isn’t working either. Works fine on my laptop...but i can’t bring that with me everywhere.

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
It was a joke. As in they’ll give us tons of badges but not write good code or fix anything.
Prowl
Star
Star

Can you explain how it doesn't let you view your cameras? 

If that's the case it's a whole new level - I am in charge of 4 relatives houses and can see all theres after the update ( as horrible as it is ) 

As far as I can tell it's purely a UI change. 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just put the new update on my Android and I see unseen recordings on the main camera screen they pop up next the the gear icon lower right of the camera screen if no recordings are triggered then it will not be a number.

I do know one thing the notifications are alot quicker to the phone now around 1-2 seconds after camera trigger, after playing with it today I like it alot better then the old as iam getting use to it.

JohnRem
Guide
Guide

Yep same here. iPad Pro.  No live cameras anymore. Tried everything to fix it. No luck Arlo support don’t seem to care.  Tried phoning. Waited for 45 minutes can’t get through.  Tried support. Chat doesn’t work.  It’s useless 

daveritchieaz
Initiate
Initiate

with the new update it works perfect on phones BUT the ipad doesn’t work at all for me ...... what gives 

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I fully agree...this latest version is a serious step backwards.

Please bring back the battery status and other info on the main devices page.

bohden
Guide
Guide

Nice to hear that it's not just me who experience this bug.

How is this possible? Is there no beta testing of the app at Netgear before

publishing? It took me a minute to discover this bug. Almost every time a

new Arlo app ”update” is released, a new bug is added.

My experience tells me that we now must wait for at least a month before

a bug fix is released, as usual.  😞

To Netgear Support:

Please, can you immediately reply to this thread and notify when this is fixed?

The whole security system is now useless...

DeeL2003
Initiate
Initiate

I don't even have any status available to me in ANY part of the menu. I don't know if I have an isolated issue, it's like I have a near-empty app.

JohnRem
Guide
Guide

Don’t hold your breath.  They don’t care.  They got their money.  I have tried everything. And got nothing. My camera system is useless now. When I get robbed I will sue them. 

tominboise
Tutor
Tutor

What happened to the motion icon on the device screen?

CocoCam
Initiate
Initiate

The latest iphone Arlo app (2.6.0) was updated on my iPhone 7. The old app used to display the battery status on the "Devices" page that shows all the cameras.  It was really easy to see each cameras battery status on one page. It appears the new app requires you to check the status of each device/camera individually to see the battery status. VERY inconvenient and made the UI worse. The battery status (of all the cameras) is one of the more important items to see quickly. Now it takes 3 clicks (2 clicks into device settings and 1 click out, to see each camera battery - I have 5 cameras so it's 15 freaking clicks!) Does anyone know a setting to change it back the way it used to be?  

Heis1893
Tutor
Tutor
@GatorHogg which system does your friend have?
ByeArlo
Star
Star

LOL love the replies -- the latest app version is indeed trash. Netgear's incomptenece has outdone itself this time. Obviously the engineers and executives checked their calendars, noticed it's been a few months since they've screwed up the UX, and doubled-down on their core business principle of over-engineering solutions to problems that don't exist.

Can you just imagine the design team conversation?

Boss: "Team, the current app version makes battery life too easy to view, has only a few click-through menus, and basic functions are currently listed where one intuitively thinks they should be. WE CANNOT LET THIS STATE OF AFFAIRS CONTINUE."

Jenkins: "Well allow me, boss -- my all-STEM-all-the-time programming, with little to regard for human empathy or common sense, will make things right."

Boss: "This is good to hear. What's the first change you'll make to the app redesign?"
Jenkins: "Hmmm.... what if we took the camera position mode, buried it under three steps, and put it in a 'Device Utilities' menu, instead of a 'Video Settings' menu so people have no idea where to find it?"

Boss: "See everyone, *that's* the kind of attention to annoyance we need at this company. Jenkins, if you find a way to hide battery percentage, there's an extra cafeteria voucher with your name on it."

Jenkins: "Winner winner chicken dinner, I'm on it boss!!!"

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well done and a life time supply of chicken dinner for you.

LMAO

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Initiate I'm not sure but will ask next time I visit.

Raymaker
Guide
Guide
I have exactly the same issue on my iPhoneX this update simply does not work and should be pulled and the old app placed back on the App Store, Netgear need to get their act together you have broken. huge numbers of users service and this is security! Did you do any testing or don’t you care! I assume this is agile and you are on sprint 10 and it will get fixed on sprint 500! Not good enough swallow some pride and please please please put the old app back on as atleaset the basic function of watching a camera worked!
GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Hi GatorHogg,

You just earned a new badge!

10 Kudos Received

Way to go! You've just received your 10th Kudo!"

Shove those "kudos" where the sun don't shine and fix the Arlo Security app already

Raymaker
Guide
Guide
I agree this is an awful user experience it was much better before with the battery indicator on the front screen. Now I have to view details for 5 cameras to check battery level
Krysuk
Star
Star
I would also suggest changing or leaving the appropriate minimum star review on both Apple & Google play stores with relevant negative comments on how bad this update is - they can ignore us here - they won’t ignore those app store reviews so easily...

Quite happy to re-review an updated app, but right now I’m not sure how this got launched - certainly no one that uses the Arlo, Arlo pro or Arlo pro 2 was involved

I’m off to update all my IFTTT triggers - which is both time consuming and an inefficient way to have to monitor a “smart” device
ITNinja1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same situation for Android update. Multiple clicks for info that used be on the main screen for easy access. I haven't found any settings that would offer reconfiguration of the views. It is what it is until they decide to add features back into new updates. For what it is. I have seen that the camera wifi signal will show up on the main view IF it gets low. It disappears when it has good signal. Maybe the same for the battery?
aa1113
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  I see my husband coming in the house, but he has been inside for about a minute or more. 

CocoCam
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the confirmation. I really wish the UI designers would really think about what they are changing. It’s very frustrating. It’s like hiding the fuel gage in you car and it take two steps to get there!
sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your new 2.6.0 (released this last week - Sat the 20th ?) is a step in the wrong direction.

Bring back the grid view on the device list page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aa1113
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  My family is sitting down and watching tv and the app is not even showing the garage gate opening.  I think the lag now is more than a minute.  Totally unaceptable.  We don't need "security" cameras for that.  Also it was bad enough before when you got a notification and you had to do several clicks.  Lots of people complained. Now it's even more clicking for everything.  Not user friendly.   I think the people that came up with the upgrade are definetely not listening to all the suggestions on this forum and are not users.