Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SirV
Star
Star

The latest app update is a downgrade as far as I'm concerned

Why have you removed the simple indicators of battery level and now you have to click further into the app to find them, who thought that was a good idea.

482 REPLIES 482
BenFryer
Star
Star

James, stop posting this PRE written comment in all the complaint posts and listen to your users, we’ve all invested heavily in your security cameras and they no longer function effectively due to your latest update.....you are ignoring us which is an insult....roll back immediately and fix the issues before re release!

Poolzer
Initiate
Initiate
100% agree that this update is a downgrade. I am frustrated that I cannot see the battery life, motion sensor and videos tagged in all my cameras in the main screen. It was perfectly set up before

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Has anyone figured out how to access the library videos for a specific camera?  We use that feature ALL the time.  So far, I’ve only discovered how to look at the entire library.

(Update:  I figured this out, but it isn’t convenient.  I can go into the Library, select “Filter” in the upper left, then choose “Device”, then scroll through my device list and select the device by name rather than image, then select “Filter” again in that sub window and then select “Done”.).  Five steps to accomplish a task that took one touch on the first screen in the prior version of the apps.)

i also noticed the unfortunate timing of this release ... a Friday.  If the Arlo development team usually has the weekend off, either they or we will have a painful weekend.

GetRidOfWires
Tutor
Tutor

Some interesting findings: on the iPad, the “Live” view is not live. I can turn my porch light on/off, video doesn’t change. BUT if you go to the Camera Positioning utility, THEN it IS Live. That’s a major bug that should never have gone live. We are talking about the safety of my family here.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Apprentice, you do speak for many, including myself. Arlo must make amends and do an actual freakin upgrade.

Arlo has failed to inform it's "loyal" clients of an impending upgrade, or engaged in surveying Arlo Security clients of their recommendations, ideas or preferences of app actions.

I would give a hard "0" out of 5 for Arlo's ability to provide a secure worry free security system and will recommend potential Arlo Security customers of these concerning issues.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I have one camera that is very slow to respond...something like 30 seconds.  However, I have other cameras that respond in 2 or 3 seconds when I turn lights on and off.

if you have not already done so, try force closing the app by flicking it up and away.  If that doesn’t work, you might need to force close it and then power cycle your iPad as one other contributor had to do today.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Is Arlo having a laugh!?!?!???

To quote their own words regarding the upgrade...

We’ve also refined the design of our app to put the most important information front and center. Want to check the battery life or signal strength of a camera, or change your device settings? Tap the three dots to see more details.

Arlo cameras........ battery powered....... fairly important to need to know how the battery is doing so can manage changes in a controlled manner when having multiple cameras ..... so fairly important information to know about.

I can’t believe in the same paragraph then then actually tell you that one of the most important of functionality has been reduced and if you know want to see battery life you have to click into every single camera!

Come on Arlo!!! Do you actually beta test with real users??? When your design engineers think something is ready to launch, someone slap them and say try harder!!

I have 10 cameras. It doesn’t enhance my user experience when previously I could see in an instant all of my battery levels in all cameras with a quick swipe of my finger, having also an instant visual reminder of battery levels every time I logged in.. now I have to go into 10 individual camera settings...... please tell me which idiot when creating it decided that was bringing the important stuff front and centre and enhancing my experience!!!
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Total fail. Please post the previous app on the App Store, it was far better.
sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I prefer the grid look of the old IOS app.

App updated to nite and I hate it. Yes hate a strong word, but the app is just plain yucky...

Any way to get the grid look back?

echinus
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed - please bring back battery life and number of videos as per the web interface.  Means the mobile app is worse than ever.  Interestingly, on start up you get a brief flash of a battery indicator, so I think this might be a bug.

I still haven't recovered from the fact fast forwarding or rewinding in video by dragging the playback position indicator no longer works unless you pause it first...

wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Totally agree

for me too “live “ is actually a frozen picture on all 5 cameras!! I can’t actually monitor my home remotely

This is a VERY dangerous bug for people’s security

interestingly the freeze is only on my iPad and NOT iPhone, both running the same up to date IOS 

and yes...bring back all info and  streams on one screen

one of the worst software updates I think I’ve ever  seen !!

Bill P 

bohden
Guide
Guide

I immediately discovered a critical bug in the new Arlo app version 2.6.0

released yesterday. When I start a camera, it says "Live", but it only shows

a still image. The sound seems to be live.

This behavior seems to only appears on iPad in landscape mode, not in

portrait mode. If I restart the app in portrait mode, everything seems to

work as it should. I'm using my iPad only in landscape mode, so this app

is now useless for me.

Is it only me who experience this problem?

Prowl
Star
Star
The new UI is awful  

To check the battery level on 5 cameras you used to just look at your home page now you have to click 15 buttons (counted)

Click on the 3 dots brings up 2 buttons

Settings Or Cancel (This is pointless. Just open the settings?! )
Then click on settings to see the battery level 

Then go back* to see each battery level.

*going back the settings when you do eventually open them SLIDE UP from the bottom and the back button is the slide LEFT ARROW Top RIGHT not A SLIDE DOWN or anything obvious 

Also the button at the bottom of settings is a red REMOVE DEVICE which is the obvious place for a close setting button so you click on it by mistake and remove your device. 

This is unintuitive and has not been thought out at all setup should be independent of use as it was previously. 
D_Hoque
Star
Star
What kind of people work for Netgear I do not understand. Every release it seems as though their intention is to break things more and more, from schedule to now this poor interface. Has this even been through any user testing and feedback clearly not.

Netgear you really need to LISTEN to your consumers we have spent our hard earned cash and trust to purchase your security product.

How can you called this enhanced when you have to go through sub menus to see your signal strength and battery level. While in the previous very is was user friendly and easy to use!
allison5
Initiate
Initiate
This is such a poor upgrade, not user friendly, almost imposible to use with multiple cameras.
allison5
Initiate
Initiate
Another thing, this upgrade is costing me time and money to manage a poor layout, we need correction imeadiatly , we have multiple camera history all jumbled up, with no sence of location organization.
Physci
Tutor
Tutor

And it also seems that Netgear have broken the use of 3D Touch on iPhones. Pressing the app icon still shows the options to Arm / Disarm etc but the app doesn’t perform the selected function - it just logs into the app.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Did Netgear shut down their apps team and outsource this to India?  It certainly has quality appearances of an outsourcing deal.

Heis1893
Tutor
Tutor
Completely agree. I have (4) cameras, which up to now, have been a great experience. Woke up to the new app update and it seriously infuriated me. After contacting support, I was infuriated even MORE. They’re response was that this was actually NOT an error and part of their overall update (unbelievably “dumb” for the lack of a better word). I’m going to look into the Canary Flex cameras.
RalphPondOwner
Initiate
Initiate

Last night’s user interface update has made my Arlo unusable. I have 9 cameras and I need the old UI where I can see the incident numbers all on one screen. Now all I see is a bloated full screen view of one camera at a time. How do I revert to the previous interface?

bkinyoun57
Guide
Guide

Same issue here!!   All my cameras now show this message:   "AC Power Has Been Disconnected From Your Arlo Device. Activity Zones Are Currently Disabled".  I have been live chatting with Arlo support and the refuse to even read the reviews/concerns on their own forum.  The are USELESS!!  They better fix this ASAP or I will be changing systems and asking for a total refund!!

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Completely agree! Hate the bloated screen on iPad and hope it will return to the previous multi-camera (4 at a time before) view in a future update.  To watch multiple cameras at a glance now you have to go up and down the page which is seriously silly!

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not seeing that here, only issue I have is the new bloated view!

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

@AncientGeek wrote:

Did Netgear shut down their apps team and outsource this to India?  It certainly has quality appearances of an outsourcing deal.

I'd trash these less than mediocore Arlo Security cameras if Arlo  stoops even lower.

The volumes of pizzed off Arlo Security clientsmust surely trigger an immiediate action of resolve or a communique to all Arlo clients.

Sadly and pathetically, nt so much.

Come on Arlo, step up your game ! ! ! !

Spidey2099
Initiate
Initiate

They are trying to copy the KUNA and YIHOME interface, which is not useful.  What I loved about the ARLO interface was the fact that we can take advantage of the iPad’s large screen and view multiple cameras at the same time, something that RING and KUNA and YIHOME are not doing.  

It is stupid that ARLO does not recognize their best asset/features.

Let’s all voice our concerns and see if ARLO would revert back to the old look!