Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sean-hurley
Tutor
Tutor

Has the microphone icon been intentionally removed from the toolbar when viewing live video?

38 REPLIES 38
Goodluckgeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant
It will be fixed in 2 weeks. I guess you are using iPhone, mic button was removed from updated version. I have the same problem.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
App should take 1 to 3 days to update the app netgear being too slow making the app so they drop the ball
khy888
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just purchased the two camera pro version after excellent reviews and the two way audio does not work on iPhone, the microphone icon is missing in live view! How can an update be missing such an important feature, unbelievable!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

seanJ44
Star
Star
I just checked. Still no mic...
sean-hurley
Tutor
Tutor

Well, you won't see the fix until the app update comes out.  Unless you somehow got it already, but it doesn't show for me in the app store...yet.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may need to log out of the app and sign back in before you will see the fix,

JamesC

sean-hurley
Tutor
Tutor

Signing out (from the Settings > Profile screen) and signing back in fixed the issue for me.

Thank you!

webb_chris
Tutor
Tutor
Thank You for you quick attention and fast response!!! This has now been fixed for me as well on 2.4.2.
morgans1980
Initiate
Initiate

Yes!!! this fix worked for me as well.  Thank you for the quick turn around.  This has been a great experience.  Kudos Arlo team!

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

James,

My wife and I rarely use the iOS mobile app to monitor live feeds, but noticed the missing microphone today. I would like to call my wife and tell her that logging out and back in will fix it, but I have been unable to do this on my iPhone 6. I've tried it three times and also a hard reboot as well. I have not downloaded the latest and greatest from the app store yet. Is there something else we should trying? Thanks James!

Dennis Clardy 

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

James,

Never mind! I just went to settings/profile/logout and logged back in. That worked for my devices. Thank you once again!

Dennis 

srobe
Guide
Guide
I cannot wait to hear either as I have an Apple ISO 10.3.2 on a 5s. Any idea on getting the microphone fix on the tool bar for my Pro camera?
srobe
Guide
Guide
Yes I did the same, signing out from the profile screen and now I can see and use the mic. Thanks for the help...really