Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

LG Q70 - all setting are correct -  ALL OF THEM. started after last 6/1/22 update. dwn loaded new version 3 times - still not working.

one time it registered  ( finally ) i was away 8 miles from my hm..

same settings - all correct for 4 yrs. -  all permissions correct - - 

got a fix yet ??

16 REPLIES 16
Dannybear
Master
Master
The furthest I got was 10miles away or 30mins later, been this way for years for me. What I have to do is to pull over when outside the zone, open the app to let arlo know where the phone is.
No, no fix yet.
royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

with range set to medium - . it would arm about 1/4 mile from hm. then after last update - it wont arm.. & yes app ( permissions) working in background all the time. i ride a motorcycle. having to stop & arm is not always easy.

or even safe.

why cant they just make it work ? as advertised  & sold.

i sure wont buy any add ons - if they cant make the simple things work.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I mentioned that pulling over to open the arlo app as an example of what is required to make the mode change. I can’t operate a phone while driving since it is illegal with a $1k+ fine. Not a good outcome.

I too wound like a fix implemented, have been waiting years though. All I can do is to manually set the mode before I leave home so I know what mode I’m in.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you set the geofencing radius to small, do you experience any better behavior?

JamesC

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

it " might" self arm in about 6 to 8 miles. 

all other functions on my lgq70 " spectrum " phone work as there always have - weather etc.

& those locations are spot on ( to my door step even)

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you set the geofencing radius to small, do you experience any better behavior?

No, tried different zone sizes with no improvement.

As a guess the mobile app either does not know you have gone out of the zone or the app is unable to access the arlo server to update it’s location change. I have push notifications for geofencing enabled but not getting them immediately exiting zone like I did  back in 2018.

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

currently -zone set to small - arlo might arm at 6 to 8 miles out of zone - set to med - 10 to 12 miles out.

all setting 100 % correct. all this since last 6/2022 update. even updated app - yesterday - no change

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo app is NOT checking GPS fast or enough times - heck my  weather app is more accurate.

now when i turn on app - it says NO internet - even when way out of zone. ( yea its a cell phone)

( app running in back round) then 10 sec later app comes alive. but still no location.

SO the GPS in APP is FAULTY

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

today - arlo says - arlo appears to be off line - no all 3 lights are green & im on hm pc  so i got internet.

& arlo app is armed. 10 sec later - app comes alive.

so what now app dont work at all ? ( all setting correct ) - updated app yesterday & triple ck'd all setting after.

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

any hope of a fix ?

arlo keeps asking for for $ (sales etc)  how can i tell others if app dont work.

plz read my follow up messages - 

app is NOT linking with gps  - correctly - worked ok - till last arlo secure update of 6/22.

my weather app - does a better job of location

plz get the techs to fix what they broke 6/22

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

yesterday i saw my main unit & cameras - re set.

mobile app asked me ( this am) if i wanted to extra system features .

then arlo asked me to enable " location"  i agreed

and geofencing ( altho slow) worked - & on return hm ( 6 hrs later) although slow - but it worked as it has in the past.

gps location should my faster - - but hey - at least it worked.

so what ever you did - - its the issue.

ill use it again - tues wed / etc/ keep ya posted

\ have a nice holiday

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

plz read my messages from today - what ever ya did - it worked - ill keep ya posted. thx

Dannybear
Master
Master

Yeah, my geofencing is working much better now that I plug the phone into the car charger. I now get the notifications @200m away from home either direction. If I unplug the phone I get them up to 10miles away, or when I return to the wifi zone.

Further research on geofencing development sites suggest sloppy app development is the cause.

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

james - geofencing worked fine  - till last update - its the same thing. what ever yall did was the fix - plz can you redo it again - its exactly the same  =- gps " location is off"

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

does not matter - gps is NOT registering - exactly the same as before

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo got into my system a few days ago and fixed the granted geofencing issue. Working well after that then stopped working again today. Granted access device login session had expired. Can’t win I guess.