Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cant discover base station vmb4000 or cameras after i changed internet provider

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maxgen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive followed the instruction on resetting everything but after deleting my base station from the app i have not been able to connect since.  Ive done factory reset multiple times and the leds on the front seem to be right. first 2 green and third one amber for the cameras.  My main problem is trying to get the app to discover the base station then i believe i would be able to sync the cameras to it.  any ideas?? tia

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried onboarding the base and cameras using a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com) instead of using the app.

Sometimes the PC will work for this when the app doesn't.

maxgen
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes I brought my laptop right next to the hub and tried everything a couple times..  same result. I cant even pay for a subscription to get help because it says I don't have any equipment tied to my account. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@maxgen wrote:

yes I brought my laptop right next to the hub and tried everything a couple times..  same result. 

If the laptop has an ethernet port, maybe try connecting with that instead of wifi.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, don't connect the hub to the laptop, just try using an Ethernet cable between the laptop and router.

Also, if using a VPN, disable it for setup purposes.

maxgen
Aspirant
Aspirant

same result.  ive now deleted everything and tried to start from scratch, new account and still nothing.  my base is sending out a wifi signal.  i can see it on my devices.  maybe something happened to my base station when they unplugged it...idk  is there anything else to try?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base getting an IP address from your router? Sounds like it but...

Can you take the base to someone else's house and try there?