Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

trying to install security updates and log in to routerlogin.com. when I click on routerlogin.com it syas I'm not connected to your routers wi-fi network. But everything else works and is connected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

It is fixed now. I no longer have to sign in to access cameras...Weird things going on....

Before Century Link changed my router pass word everytime I clicked on Arlo app I had to sign in to Arlo..wierd.

As I mentioned I recieved an email saying Important Netgear security up date.When I tried to log in to get the update that's when I had trouble accessing my cameras to turn on or off .

I drove about 25 miles for an appointment. While there I tried accessing my cameras and I was able to turn them on or off. When I got home I couldn't access the cameras. Century link did some hocus pocus and all is fixed.

Wi-Fi will be the death of me.

Again sorry for the confusion.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Lolbobby
Aspirant
Aspirant
The router login website doesn't work for me either it won't even load for me to do said update for January 18th 2018
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is the Arlo section, not router.

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an ARLO firmware Security update problem.

WE ARE JUST FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS THAT DONT WORK!

WHERE IS THE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

looseheadset,

Arlo Base Station and camera firmware updates complete automatically. There is no login required. What instructions are you following that are indicating this and where are they from?

JamesC

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,
I got this e-mail yesterday about security firmware updates.

Then my whole Wi-Fi went down and had to get help from my provider. Changed my modem password.
I can't control or connect to my cameras at home. but they are working..this is crazy I was 25 miles from home today and could connect.
What do I need to do ?
Thanks in advance
Jon
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

looseheadset wrote:

This is an ARLO firmware Security update problem.

WE ARE JUST FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS THAT DONT WORK!

WHERE IS THE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!

First, we can't see your email because we can't log into your account on Gmail. Second, I got 2 messages that I suspect are like yours and neither had anything to do with Arlo but my router and other network equipment. Third, in the Arlo section, we really can't help you with router issues - if your network has gone down, we can't help with anything other than generic suggestions. Fourth, you can always use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to access support although I'm not clear as to whether that gets you Arlo support specifically or Netgear support in general. Go to the router forums for specific help.

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im so sorry. That email came in the same time my Arlo started acting up. Get the straight jacket.

My provider changed the password on my router.

Is that why I can't connect to my cameras. Yet why was I able to connect 25 miles away.

Again I'm sorry. THe wi-fi here gets to be too much.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

looseheadset,

What are you experiencing that is preventing you from connecting to your cameras? Are you seeing any error messages?

JamesC

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

It is fixed now. I no longer have to sign in to access cameras...Weird things going on....

Before Century Link changed my router pass word everytime I clicked on Arlo app I had to sign in to Arlo..wierd.

As I mentioned I recieved an email saying Important Netgear security up date.When I tried to log in to get the update that's when I had trouble accessing my cameras to turn on or off .

I drove about 25 miles for an appointment. While there I tried accessing my cameras and I was able to turn them on or off. When I got home I couldn't access the cameras. Century link did some hocus pocus and all is fixed.

Wi-Fi will be the death of me.

Again sorry for the confusion.