Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't add device

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Roman01
Initiate
Initiate

Hello dear forum

I have problem.

Yesterday my son deleted device from app arlo, and when i try add my arlo pro again it showing error.

Any one can help resolve this problem ?

Thanks

IMG_0032.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. You should now be able to successfully add cameras when clicking the "Add Device" button within your Arlo account.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try this , it worked for someone else;

Re: Add New Device Access Denied

I just reached out to support. Unplug the base station and wait no less than one minute. Plug back in and wait until base has fully powered on and connected to cameras and internet. Then simply press the sync button on the base station to begin sync mode and press sync button on camera. After lights on camera go off, reopen Arlo app and camera should be there. It worked for me at least. I also provided support with a link to this thread.
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Roman01
Initiate
Initiate

still can't add device

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Netgear Support ( bottom of screen )

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. You should now be able to successfully add cameras when clicking the "Add Device" button within your Arlo account.

JamesC

Shandyc
Guide
Guide
Similar problem here- I deleted device by accident and now it will not come back online. An hour on the phone with support and still offline.
Be careful not to delete by accident!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us in detail what you've tried andf what the results were, including error messages and LED indications on both the base and camera.

Shandyc
Guide
Guide

I've tried resetting the base; tried unplugging the base to reset it; tried uninstalling the app on my iphone; spent an hour on the phone with support - they cannot see it as online. When I restart the device, I wait for two green lights on the base and then go to the app and click add device; the cameras (2) will both flash blue and then the fast blue and look like they are on- I get all green lights on the base but my iphone app will just go back to saying "Add Device" like nothing is connected.

Shandyc
Guide
Guide

Customer Support has escalated the issue and someone is supposed to call me back today but it is so frustrating! I had it all set up and working perfectly and while I was tweaking the settings I accidentally removed the darn device and now nothing! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A reset is performed by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. A power cycle is performed by unplugging or using the power switch. At this point I'd suggest doing the reset and removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button.
Shandyc
Guide
Guide

Did all that but once I add the 2nd camera and click on finish- I just start back at the add device screen... no cameras show up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shandyc,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Shandyc
Guide
Guide

FIXED! Support was able to help me get it back online. Instead of choosing Arlo Wireless after clicking add device, we just chose base station and it added back, cameras were already connected to the base. 

Thank you!!