Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro microphone icon missing on iOS app

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Helen96
Tutor
Tutor

Just recently purchased the arlo pro it worked great for 3 days the app had an update. Now the microphone icon went missing. The on off of the microphone is there an in the on position.
We purchased the pro for the 2 way voice feature. If the microphone issue is not resolved soon we will be returning the product. And look for another brand. Please fix the app. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helen96
Tutor
Tutor
Yes reinstalled app. It works now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Helen...

this is a Known issue and Netgear is aware...I would think a new IOS app revision will be asap

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Helen96
Tutor
Tutor

The box says 2way audio.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The new APP revision will put the mic icon back for 2x audio ( it was there in the old version )

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Helen96,

As mentioned, we are aware of this issue when using the iOS app. You can still access this feature via the web client or Android. I will post an update when I have more information about the iOS version.

JamesC

Helen96
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry. What is web client? I have apple products. How do I use web client
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a web browser pointed to https://arlo.netgear.com.

camae2002
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had microphone on my live icons and now it is missing. Would appreciate help with this thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There are several threads on this for the reading. Reinstall the app.
Helen96
Tutor
Tutor
Yes reinstalled app. It works now. Thanks.
Helen96
Tutor
Tutor
Hoping it will work from a distance.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Interesting.  Reinstalling the app worked for me on my 10.5" iPad Pro and iPhone 6s, but didn't work on my iPad Air 2.  The problem persists on that last device despite deleting the app, reinstalling it and power cycling the iPad.

Oh, I think I see the problem.  I did not have "grant access" permission shared with my wife's iPad Air 2 and that prevented the microphone icon from showing up on that device.  Once I granted access, the microphone appeared.  Mystery solved.

monalisa4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I successfully installed Arlo Pro approx 2 months ago and have had no problems. However, about 2-3 weeks ago the mic disappeared (Iphone) and apparently this is due to the latest update. I have read that others have had this same issue and have deleted the Arlo App and dowloaded it again with the issue being resolved. My question is if I do this, do I then need to re-sync cameras again?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... you will not have to resync the cams... just delete the app and reinstall

monalisa4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you TomMac - but as I am technologically deficient, just before I delete it to reinstall, will I have to re-enter passwords or anything? Or is it literally just a case of deleting and when reinstalled the app will be correct and fully working again?
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I think you will have to re-enter your login credentials.