Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
belindag
Tutor
Tutor

i've had issues with this camera going offline, then we charge it, try re syncing it.

HW version is H7

Firmware is 1.092.0.6_15695

we've removed camera from base station then we synced it, tried different batteries.  this camera still gives issues.  They must not last long out side. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a second camera to swap locations? That will tell you if the problem is with the camera or the location. If it's the location, you'll need to try moving the camera and/or base to get a better connection. House construction, walls, mirrors, ductwork, etc. all play into the connection quality.

The camera batteries last the expected time outdoors as well as indoors.

belindag
Tutor
Tutor

WE HAVE 8 cameras for that base station.  its at the front of the building the base station and modem are in.  it has a good connection its the closest one.  its the charging part of it, i'll have it inside to charge about 4 feet from base station, then i see its not charging, so i swap  new battery out and it still won't charge, i've had to return cameras before, they probably ship the same one back.  

i was going to get the outdoor cable to keep it plugged in, the rep told me it was unavailable right now, never said it was on recall due to a fire hazard. that would be good information to know.

i think it gets lots of exposure to the wind/ sun, all the weather in that location. they are supposed to work out side but this one is not doing anything. still shows offline, i've removed/resynced, still shows battery at 21%. 

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Return it ASAP, before your 30 days are up. They screwed me, with suggestions, draggin it out, then saying I didn't buy from an' "authorized dealer", so refused to replace it.   Tech support says: " There are cases that the camera keeps on going offline because the battery is defective."

belindag
Tutor
Tutor

i bought them in April, so they are out of warranty. I'd never buy these again.  We bought 2 base stations and 8 cameras for each station, i have had to ship back at least 3 or 4 cameras, always have to sync, resync, always offline issues, pain in the butt.  So i guess we are kinda screwed on this one, its just frustrating they advertise they work outside and they actually dont work outside unless they say "you'll have lots of issues"

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Ditto: Wish I'd never.  Promised corded, only to pull the outdoor plug right after I'd purchased.  Yeah, I'm old, cantankerous, disabled, and retired.  So plenty of time to cause trouble. I'm going to Small Claims court, for the full price of my "system".  Total failure by support. They act as if going up and down the ladder 20 times, all the times I was not able to get through, the down servers (no video), and the plug recall are no big deal. Admitting to a problem and still refusing me a return is the last straw. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

belindag wrote:

i bought them in April, so they are out of warranty.

Warranty is for 1 year. Open a case with support here.