Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Northern_billy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 arlo cameras VMB4000 but only using 2 at the moment.  2 are always plugged in therefore always topped up 100%.  The other 2 are turned off and not in use but still using battery life.  Does the battery need to be removed from camera if not in use?  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northern_billy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  I turned off the cameras about 3 months ago but can't remember how much life was in the batteries.  Yesterday I fully charged both batteries and will monitor how long it takes to drain.  On the app I turned off the cameras along with the LED light.  Thank you sencerely

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Northern_billy wrote:

The other 2 are turned off and not in use but still using battery life. 

A camera that is disarmed (or turned off in the app) is still powered, and connected to wifi.  The power use is quite low, but there still is some drain.  If that was not the case, it would be impossible to turn the camera back on from the app.

Northern_billy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but does that mean that I must always recharge battery even if camera is not in use?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Northern_billy wrote:

Thanks but does that mean that I must always recharge battery even if camera is not in use?

You can of course remove the battery if you wish.

Though the battery drain should be slight - are you seeing a quick drop in the charge?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

as a PS to above;

A camera turned off will drain but at a rate so slow that the battery should last about +/- 6 months ( from self testing here )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Northern_billy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  I turned off the cameras about 3 months ago but can't remember how much life was in the batteries.  Yesterday I fully charged both batteries and will monitor how long it takes to drain.  On the app I turned off the cameras along with the LED light.  Thank you sencerely