Camera doesnt recognize full battery

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dude_come_on
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro Camera won't recognize a fully charged battery.  I have swapped out multiple batteries and it doesn't recognize any of the 3 fully charged batteries in the app. 

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master

Which arlo app are you using, what ver number?

Dude_come_on
Aspirant
Aspirant

3.6.9_28472

Dannybear
Master
Master

The latest for iOS and android app is v3.7.1, not aware if it has any fixes but worth a try.

There have been many customers complaining about the android and web portal apps not reporting the latest camera stats, no idea where arlo is at with a fix.

If you have a iOS mobile device, use it instead.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dude_come_on wrote:

Arlo pro Camera won't recognize a fully charged battery.  I have swapped out multiple batteries and it doesn't recognize any of the 3 fully charged batteries in the app. 

Are you saying that the app is showing the wrong charge level (but that the camera+battery is working ok)? Or that the camera isn't working when you insert a fully charged battery?  

Also, what are using to charge them?

Dude_come_on
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app will tell me that there is no charge in any fully charged battery (in specific camera).  I have swapped batteries in and out of other cameras and it shows the batteries as fully charged. I have used the charging cable that it came with and also have used the multi battery charger pack. The app will say the battery is dead and will not let me see if the camera works. So yes, Camera does not work with a fully charged battery. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you getting motion triggered notifications or library recordings for the problem camera? If so the camera is probably still working.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Ok does suggest that the camera is indeed dead. I was hopeful that it was a App related  issue since others having reported similar say the camera was still working.