Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

base station shown as offline, but all leds green and connected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ciego
Tutor
Tutor

The standard answer, reset, reboot, reeverthing, doesn't work and i can't find any other responses other than "open a ticket". all was working fine for over six months, pro base station and five cameras, but after the Arlo outage on Aug 4, the base station is shown as offline when i connect via the app or a browser. all LEDs are green, i can see the wireless signal coming from the base station, and motion in front of a camera will trigger the siren; however, base station is reported as offline and i can't manage any devices. 

I'm really not in the mood to restore to default and resync every camera yet again. is there a direct response without the words open a ticket? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ciego,

Have you at any point performed a factory reset? (held down the reset button on the back of the base until all LEDs flash amber) If so, you will need to reclaim the base station on your account. Log in to your account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > Base Station > Remove Device. After the base is removed, click "Add Device" on the devices screen, select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ciego,

Have you at any point performed a factory reset? (held down the reset button on the back of the base until all LEDs flash amber) If so, you will need to reclaim the base station on your account. Log in to your account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > Base Station > Remove Device. After the base is removed, click "Add Device" on the devices screen, select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

Jogendeka
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station shows off line. Power and internet ikon are green but camera ikon remain amber. I reset it does not work. Pl help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jogendeka,

If you reset your base station, you will need to also go through the reclaiming process. Log in to your account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > Base Station > Remove Device. After the base is removed, click "Add Device" on the devices screen, select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

Ciego
Tutor
Tutor

thanks JamesC, that did it.