Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KellyW
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one camera that stopped charging or holding a charge. I’ve tried pulling the battery and swapping it around, but no matter what I do it isn’t charging. The other cameras are also not holding a charge as long as they had been. For awhile it was pretty bad (needing a charge more than once/week) and it’s cirrently doing better, but still quite a bit less than it used to.

I’ve had it for maybe a year. For the amount I spent, it’s been pretty disappointing that one battery is already dead. Is there anything I can do?
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@KellyW

Other posters are saying that the latest firmware update has caused this. Some people are having this problem while others aren't.

As for the camera that is not accepting a charge, be sure that the battery contacts are not pushed down, there are no bent pins in the charging plug and that the battery is fully seating.

Brian

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Same with my cameras. 2 out of 3 drain faster than they should. Not as bad as back in may but something not right. Mainly overnight while camera sees no activity it will lose around 5% even with no action. During the day some days it seems normal and others it will drain 4% in a few hours and maybe 15 videos. Im charging every other week and used to get almost 2 months before all the firmware problems
KellyW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything looks correct with the battery, it just won’t charge.