Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not auto recording while armed.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LacyBanta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently started using the cameras after being inactive for about 6 months. I updated my supscription yesterday. It will not auto record/sence motion. I can manually record, watch live, and test motion works. Its set to armed and all rules are in place, yet it does nothing unless i manually do it. On a computer i can access the mode settings, but on my mobile phone it does not show and option to arm or disarm the system. Thank you for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First it sound like you need to update the app on the phone ( 6 months is a long time)... delete app and go to store and reinstall

As to the web, it may be you have to reboot the base and/or remove the cameras ( in settings and use remove device ) then bring them basck as if new , this will rebuild your modes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LacyBanta
Aspirant
Aspirant
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still does not show the option to arm or disarm the system. I deactivated all cameras and reactivated them and still not auto sensing. I also tried to rebot the hub. Ugh... Any other suggestions 😁
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LacyBanta,

Is the base station and camera firmware up to date? You can compare what you have to the most recent versions listed here: Firmware Release Notes

JamesC

LacyBanta
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removing all devices and doing a factory reset on the base fixed all the issues. I did still have one camera not wanting to sync. After several attempts I called customer service and they stated the camera was malfunctioning, and they are sending out a replacement.