Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro won't allow me to edit "Armed"mode or accept new modes

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
coryjohnston
Follower
Follower

I'm trying to edit the "armed mode" to stop sending emails and decrease the motion sensitivity but it won't allow me to save any edits. They just go right back to the default.

I tried creating a new mode, but after hitting "save" the little arlo bird just cucles endlessly and the new mode never saves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fumadilo
Tutor
Tutor

Update:  I just fixed this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the device from/to my account.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mmiranda51
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I've tried it on different browsers. I'm not able to edit or create modes in the iOS mobile app either, it hangs on "Getting information".

This is really frustrating and may return the system and go with a different brand if this isn't resolved.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried this myself on Android with the same results. Open a case with support here by clicking the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The 3rd page will give you options.

mmiranda51
Aspirant
Aspirant
I dont work for the development or qa teams at Netgear. I don’t feel like it’s my responsibility to open support tickets for something that is an error on a production app. This is basic functionality. It shouldn’t have made it out the door with this error.

Might be returning these cameras back to the store sooner that later.
fumadilo
Tutor
Tutor

I too have this problem.  😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New base station firmware was recently released. See here: Firmware Release Notes

Are you still experiencing the issue after verifying that your system has the latest firmware version?

JamesC

JJKCCO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that my system is not saving my settings and has the latest firmware.

fumadilo
Tutor
Tutor

I still have the same issue with the latest firmware, released today.

fumadilo
Tutor
Tutor

Update:  I just fixed this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the device from/to my account.