Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MB10
Aspirant
Aspirant
My model is not listed in tag, so chose closest one. I have model VMS4230. After receiving an email about needing to reset my password because of potential hacks, my motion detectors have stopped functioning. They intermittently work. When logging in the little running man is orange, but no motion is happening or being picked up. Any recommendations/advice?
2 REPLIES 2
blitzo
Star
Star

@MB10 wrote:
My model is not listed in tag, so chose closest one. I have model VMS4230. After receiving an email about needing to reset my password because of potential hacks, my motion detectors have stopped functioning. They intermittently work. When logging in the little running man is orange, but no motion is happening or being picked up. Any recommendations/advice?

I had this same issue happen to me. 

At first, I thought I hit the limit on the theoretical 1gb video storage space, so i deleted some videos. I then deleted the app and did a reinstall of the app.  I also shut off all my cameras and then turn them back on. Now it works fine.  For some reason, deleteing and restalling the app fixes a lot of issues but is a bandaid fix.

MB10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the advice, it’s working again!