Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GenF
Aspirant
Aspirant

The question is; after initial free (basic)cloud storage can I use only my own PC (1 TB) for storage and not to pay for cloud storage at all?

I would like to have some strait answer - can I use the Arlo Pro system with out connection to cloud but my PC only.If I have to pay for cloud on the top of over $400 for 2 cameras system I will return the system probably...and look for other options.Thanks for any help in this dilemma ...GenF

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

GenF wrote:

The question is; after initial free (basic)cloud storage can I use only my own PC (1 TB) for storage and not to pay for cloud storage at all?

I would like to have some strait answer - can I use the Arlo Pro system with out connection to cloud but my PC only.If I have to pay for cloud on the top of over $400 for 2 cameras system I will return the system probably...and look for other options.Thanks for any help in this dilemma ...GenF

The BASIC level of service provides storage for your camera  ( the limit of 1 gb has not been enforce in over a year ) and does not end...only the tech support is for the first 3 months. Also the max cameras on Basic is 5 .

On the PRO you can have a usb drive to back up the video, but the answer is NO... the unit is really cloud storage and is needed to set up as such.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor

GenF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.you can.No problem.Install arlo  on your phone or PC  and you are ready.I'm deleting the history once a day...