Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HIA221
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I just installed my Arlo Pro camera between our storm door and our front door.

After a few hours, we get a message "Your camera needs to cool down before you can use it."  It is now 67 degrees and the sun is shining on the door.  Is this going to continue to be a problem?  The operating temperature is -14F to 122F.  Is it because we were watching too much live video?  Anybody have advice?  We were really psyched to have it between two doors so passerbys cannot touch the camera.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera is just to hot.... If your storm door is glass it makes an oven between it and the insulated door ( I know mine does ... ).

Esp if southern facing...

So yes, it is to hot in there , it is NOT you operation to much... Move the camera to where it is normal temps.

BTW, maybe look for a window as I shoot thru double pane Andersen glass without issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera is just to hot.... If your storm door is glass it makes an oven between it and the insulated door ( I know mine does ... ).

Esp if southern facing...

So yes, it is to hot in there , it is NOT you operation to much... Move the camera to where it is normal temps.

BTW, maybe look for a window as I shoot thru double pane Andersen glass without issue

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
When we put a new front door in, I asked about the wisdom of a storm door since we could smell the cooked paint on the old door. I was told to put the storm door up on December 1 and to take it down on December 2.
HIA221
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback.

We have since moved the camera outside on the door frame.

I had no idea how hot it can get in between the storm and front doors.

It also doesn't work for motion sensor in between the two doors.

Outside, not we enjoy the motion sensor working and no messages about temperature.

Thank you!  Now I just worry about someone touching the camera or stealing it...that was the whole reason why I wanted it behind the storm door.

We live in a townhouse community where we cannot install much outside so we can't put the camera up real high.  Thanks.