Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Your Arlo Batteries Are Tired

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
kokweey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have been using my new Arol Pro for only the past 2 weeks that came with a fully charged battery but now the battery is only left with 15% as shown below.

I just wondering is this normal because I read your battery life can last to 6 months for light usage and 2 months for heavy usage. However mine is only used for the past 2 weeks only. My video mode is set at optimized with only motion detection at 5% rate and we only watch live like on and off for less than an hour a day for me and my spouse.

Can you explain to me why? Or is this somethings wrong with my Arlo Pro battery?

I really like your product as it really help me monitor what is going on at home while I at work.

Thank you.

KW

As depict below:

Your Arlo camera Living Room is running low on battery. You’ve still got about 15% of juice left, but in order to maintain uninterrupted peace of mind, we recommend charging up the camera as soon as you can.

2 REPLIES 2
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
using the "live" function will drain the batteries faster. especially with two people using this function daily.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS to above... yes the batteries can run for months , but this is under spec useage which is =< 5 mins per day ( record or live view ).

If you are LIVE viewing or RECORDING, you are using the most power from the batteries, An hour a day is pretty excessive and would easly account for your batteries depleted in 2 weeks. ( that's approx 12 days video at spec use )

Best setting is in ARMED mode which uses little power till it senses motion.

But , if you want to continue to view at the rate you are doing , I recommend  if able, leave the power cord in all the time so as not to deplete the battery pack

Or

buy a spare battery and charge tube to make swapping easier

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------