Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wrong Files Play in Arlo Android app. Still images is correct but playback is not correct.

Discussion stats
Arlistair
Tutor
Tutor

I have two Arlo Pro's set up outside, and they have been working fine for about six months. Now for some reason when I look at videos in the library they appear to have recorded as normal. When I playback Cam1 I see the right video, but when I playback Cam2 it also shows the Cam2 video. The still images in library are correct but playback is always wrong, and always for the same camera. I'm using the latest Android app, and I have tried uninstall/reinstall. My wife doesn't have the same problem on the iOS version. Suggestions?

51 REPLIES 51
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Same problem here , I go to library tap a video and some other video plays in the library list. Also still have the problem in modes as I have 2 base stations in modes sometimes base 1 will be on top of the list and base 2 will be under it like it should sometimes opening the modes base 2 will be on top and base 1 will be under it, flip flop.
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.  Arlo, is there any chance you could put the previous "legacy" app back on the Play Store as an option until you get this latest version fixed?  It's really difficult to use as is.

lowcountryearl
Tutor
Tutor

Been since December 24th, the last Arlo update and still can't pull up the correct video in the library. Arlo off-shore people tell me Arlo knows about this and "are working on it", not sure I believe them. I love my Arlo cameras until there is a problem and then probably some of the worst customer care protocols in the business. I'm confident I'm not the only person with a Samsung Galaxy S9 and having issues with the library.

Krey-zey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same issue.
Would have expected a fix by now?
HelloArlo
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo should provide a category for app related issues if it is non-camera or non-basestation issue.

When I try to view the videos under library in the app, it will show me the same video (within the same day) no matter which video I select. Assuming that I have video taken by cam 1, 2, 3, even when I choose the recording of cam 3, it will show me cam 1. The thumbnails shows the correct camera recording. Just that for playback, it keeps playing the same video no matter which one I chose.

I took a screen video to show what happened. But will not post here.

I can confirm that the videos are properly captured as I can view them correctly via web browser. Just having problem with the app.

I'm using Android v9.0, app version is 2.12.2_27010
HelloArlo
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks @StuBee! This seems to be a good way to get around the issues until Arlo fix it.

I tried it and it works. Just click on the video you want to view. If it is the wrong video, swipe left and right again to view.

Apparently, the selection UI is broken on the video list. But swiping left and right while in the video works.
Arlistair
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the contributions.

HelloArlo and StuBee are the winners!

Stu for the answer, and Hello for explaining it again - I need to be told twice before it sinks in.

I can, once again, see the Postie's smiling face, rather than just his backside 😀
HelloArlo
Tutor
Tutor
Found a good way to get around the issues until Arlo fix it. This is a solution from another thread

I tried it and it works. Just click on the video you want to view. If it is the wrong video, swipe left and right again to view.

Apparently, the selection UI is broken on the video list. But swiping left and right while in the video works.
Arlistair
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks that is a good workaround!
Swiping is definitely the way forward...or back.
KeepItSharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro2 Setup using multiple cameras. Two of the cameras are triggered by the same event. When I look at the footage using my PC the Library shows the footage from each camera correctly. However, when I look at the camera footage using the latest Android App the second camera shows the footage from the first camera instead! In the App the second camera shows a still from the correct footage but on clicking on it the library footage is from the first camera. This only started happening after installing the latest version of the App.

Surban1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyway I can get a link to the old app. Whatever happened on the 25th rendered arlo almost useless
Arlistair
Tutor
Tutor
There seems to have been a further APP update that has resolved this issue - on my version.
alisterr
Guide
Guide
Fixed for me too now
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which app version is working for you?  2.12.3_27015 still isn't working correctly for me (broken Library filter), and I'm not finding a more recent version on the Play Store.

alisterr
Guide
Guide
2.12.3_27015 is the version that's working for me now, so unsure what to say..
Kruz219
Star
Star

I keep reverting back to 2-12-0_26090 in the  meantime until its fixed properly.

Krey-zey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Fixed for me using 27015.
ASilver
Initiate
Initiate
"Thanks to another member here I was able to download a previous version of the app and everything is back to the way it was before the 12/23/2019 update." 
Please advise as to how you were able to download the previous version of the app (and install it!)
After uninstalling and reinstalling the android v. 2.12.3_27015 app, I also have been unsuccessful in getting Arlo customer support to provide any constructive solution to this issue, other than their saying:
1. "We're working on a solution" and
2. "We are hoping to have the new app released within 5 business days."
Thanks so much!

Surban1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm hoping there is a solution fast I've already told a friend to hold off on buying a unit until software app for android is resolved. Not only is library out of order, delay in recording is so long now I miss subjects walking past my house completely and date and time from landscape view no longer functions
alisterr
Guide
Guide
I absolutely wouldn't recommend the system to anyone now. Semi-pro pricing with amateur delivery.
CVMITCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having the same issue for over a month now.  I frequently try rebooting the system as well as uninstall and reinstall the app, all of which has failed to fixed the issue.  I've been told by Arlo that the problem has been forwarded to a "higher tier for immediate action" but I'm still waiting for a fix.  If there was no issue with the old version of the app, why not roll back that version so that we can at least view our cloud the way it was intended to be viewed?!?!  

@Kruz219 , I'm curious how you installed a previous version of the app. 

I have Arlo Pro VMS4430-100NAS (I couldn't select it in the "Model" window above).  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 (yes it's old but it's in mint condition and has not failed me yet).  I've tried installing the most current Arlo app (2.12.3_27015) on my husbands Note 9 and it doesn't work properly on his phone either.  

ARLO, PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ALREADY!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should be fixed on the latest Arlo Android app version, which is version 2.12.3. If you're still experiencing this issue on the latest Arlo Android app version, please let us know.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
No, issue is not fixed
See case 41324651.
Files uploaded to cloud are between 2 and 4 seconds shorter than file recorded on bases USB drive.
The missing 2 - 4 seconds is from the start of the file, making some records appear as a false record.
Also the thumbnail displayed in the library is from the missing video.
Been with support since before Christmas. Now on its second elevation.
CVMITCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having the same issues Jessica P.  I communicated with you via private message not long ago and I sent you more information that you requested but I'm still waiting for a fix.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app again but it didn't help.   I'm still seeing the entire library of cloud video clips (all camera views) when I try to view clips from one camera only.  As I described before, if I try to view videos from my driveway camera and then try to swipe left to watch the next driveway clip, I am seeing a clip from my front porch or from my deck, etc.  I can't view repeated videos from one camera only.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've informed the development team in regards to the issue not being fixed yet. We'll update the community when we hear any new information. We appreciate your patience and understanding.