Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Can not connect

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pegmoney
Follower
Follower

contacted tech support and was told even though my cameras have worked for two year and just recently started never connecting 90% of the time that I need to bring my cameras closer.

I literally put one against the base station and I have logged in and out and still get timed out or unable to connect messages.

4 cameras, one seems to be better than the others.  The other three are useless now.  ONE IS SITTING AGAINST THE BASE STATION and the dude told me to decrease interference between the camera and the base.

Did my house GROW or did their system get an update that *?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pegmoney wrote:

ONE IS SITTING AGAINST THE BASE STATION 

That could easily be too close.

One thing you could try (to rule out wifi interference) is to turn off your home WiFi network (as a test).  Then access the cameras either with a PC (ethernet) or your mobile device (Cellular).

MimiCT
Guide
Guide

I had the same issue.  I finally totally took the base station off my computer.  Disconnected it and took Arlo off my computer, then re-installed it all.  Works perfectly now.  I was getting time outs and no connectivity but now it's all good.  I think the key was reinstalling the base station.

MimiCT
Guide
Guide

Well, that fix worked for one day now it's back to the same timed out issue.  SO annoying.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MimiCT

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support