Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GinnyV
Aspirant
Aspirant

my right camera will not record or detect motion.  I have resynced the camera and I can see live motion.  Any suggestions as to how I can get this camera to work.  The camera is currently located in my office.  The left camera works with out any problems.   

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@GinnyV wrote:

my right camera will not record or detect motion.  I have resynced the camera and I can see live motion.  Any suggestions as to how I can get this camera to work.  The camera is currently located in my office.  The left camera works with out any problems.   

Arm the camera, then confirm that the 'motion detect' is active from the live view screen ( running man or ballwith lines will be black )

If they both are on, then check the sense level for the troubled camera ( in mode by editing )

If both above are properly set, then use remove device for camera and bring back as new...this will rebuild default settings in the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, remember that removing and resyncing a camera will remove any rules in custom modes so you have to add those back.

GinnyV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help but unfortunately after going trough all the steps you had listed below my right camera is still not recording.   The live feed works and the left camera is working properly.  Is there anything else I can do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things:

1) What mode are you using? Try the Armed mode for troubleshooting.

2) Post a screenshot of your Devices tab and identify the problem camera's position in the shot.