Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alexakah
Tutor
Tutor

Often times when I try to access my cameras from the Internet I get the message that my Arlo Base is Offline...The internet light on the base shows Amber.  After several attempts it comes back online and then I can see my cameras.   Is this because the system is not ARMED due to schedule ?  Does the system go on STANDBY when not in use for a while? Thanks for the help in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An amber Internet LED doesn't imply a standby mode - it implies a lack of connectivity from your router to the servers. You can try rebooting (or even resetting) your router to see if that helps but it may well be an ISP issue or someplace beyond the ISP that's causing this.

alexakah
Tutor
Tutor
There is no connectivity issue when amber light comes on. I can access the net on my phone with the same wifi. After several attempts, it will connect and turn green. Seems like it was ignoring the connection. Furthermore I can access the library with the recorded videos while it's amber which means no internet problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a hardware problem but first I'd try rebooting the router. If no help, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.