Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am not sure when it stopped recording with the video, but none of my Arlo recordings have sound anymore.  Not sure when this first started.  Could this be something since the latest update?  Are others having this issue?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

On my wife's laptop using Google Chrome - the audio works fine.  Tried Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and the audio works fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome - still no audio.  Messed around with the settings in Sound Blaster - that fixed the issue.  Strange that other sounds would come through just fine in Chrome.  Also live streaming video through Arlo had sound but the videos did not.  Very strange.  Changing the Sound Blaster settings resolved the issue.  Thanks for the suggestions of what to try - they eventually led me to the solution through toubleshooting.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

The auidio does work if I stream live.  But the recordings have no audio when viewed online.  If I download the video then it has audio.  Is this another feature that has been removed?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds more like a streaming issue , but I would reboot the base to see if anything changes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I restarted the base.  Also updated Adobe Flash to make sure I had the latest version.  Still no audio unless I download the files.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means the audio actually exists but your device has a problem with it. A first order attempt is to reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is not on a phone.  This is on a desktop.  The audio comes through if I stream live video and if I download the file.  Viewing the videos through https://arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras has no audio.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different browser and maybe a different computer? You can even use a mobile browser if set to use the desktop version of the site (live view won't work due to lack of Flash).

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am using Google Chrome.  I can try my wife's laptop later today and see if it makes a difference.

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

On my wife's laptop using Google Chrome - the audio works fine.  Tried Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and the audio works fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome - still no audio.  Messed around with the settings in Sound Blaster - that fixed the issue.  Strange that other sounds would come through just fine in Chrome.  Also live streaming video through Arlo had sound but the videos did not.  Very strange.  Changing the Sound Blaster settings resolved the issue.  Thanks for the suggestions of what to try - they eventually led me to the solution through toubleshooting.