Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was standing in my kitchen and got three notifications of motion being detected on my camera. Three recordings of me were made. The mode on my system was set to Disarmed. this is the second time this has happed with the same camera out of the six that we have.

Why would my camera, which happens to be the only one out of six that is in a living space of my house, start recording on its own? Has someone hacked into my account and is watching me? I use a password manager and thus I have a very strong password (30 characters with upper/lowercase, symbols and digits) and is unique to that account.

another thing that happened this afternoon is that i set my system to armed when i left the house yet when i got back an hour later and went to disarm it, it was set to disarmed. not very trustworthy.

16 REPLIES 16
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi bensenise,

Try to reboot your Base Station and remove the battery from your Arlo Pro that is experiencing the issue and re-insert the battery back in again to see if that helps.

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you. i have done that and will see if the issue reoccurs. 

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

After having reset the base station and two cameras, this morning Arlo has gone and changed modes on its own again. Out of the blue i get five notifications that motion has been detected on cameras that were not active in that mode.

i would really like to be able to know who or what made the change to the mode. is there any kind of log that can be reviewed somewhere? i'd like to know if this is a software bug or if someone has hacked into my system.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Your modes shouldn't change on its own. What I would suggest is to contact the support team to see if they can look into this further. You contact the team here: Arlo Support

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'm getting the following error when clicking the "submit" button at https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

"There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support"

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you provide a screenshot that shows the error? Have you tried using a different browser or on incognito mode?

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

i normally use chrome but i tried firefox as well. and yes, i tried incognito mode in chrome.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for trying on different browsers and providing the screenshot. I have removed your screenshot as it showed your email address. Our team has done some changes on the system so could you perhaps try again and let us know if the case was created or not?

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks jessica. i didn't notice my email on the screen shot.

i just tried again and get the same error message on both firefox and chrome.

there is a drop-down menu named "Select the product you are having issues with:" and it only contains one choice; "other." I don't know if that's significant or not.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team has made another change on the system. Try again and let me know if you're able to create a case 🙂

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

jessica, it works now. i made a test submission. i hope that's not frowned upon too badly.

i will make the real one tomorrow. i've had a busy day and don't feel like dealing with this right now.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Glad to hear that it works! 🙂

No worries that your case was created as a test; I did let the support team know and they should be closing your case.

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just tried to submit a proper request and now i'm getting that same error message despite it having worked last night.

i don't have the time nor the desire to keep working on this problem. I am not at all a happy arlo customer. i've had this setup for nearly two years and it has not evolved at all. it still takes ages to open the app, log in, and get to the "mode" tab in order to change modes. I cannot use google assistant to set any mode other than the two basic modes; armed and disarmed. and it takes so long to view a live image from a camera (over 30 seconds) that whatever i wanted to see is long, long gone.

i will not pursue this issue any longer. if it happens again, arlo is going in the trash.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry to hear you're unable to create a case. Let me reach out to you through private message to gather some information from you.

bensenise
Aspirant
Aspirant

i received an email requesting additional info for my case but the link to update the case appears to be incomplete.

this is it below and as you can see, "val=" has no value so when i click on it, i get an error message "Invalid Token Value."

Update your case by clicking on the following link: https://www.arlo.com/portal/onlinecaseupdate.aspx?val=

the difficulty in dealing with this is incredibly frustrating.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry to hear the link is showing invalid. I've sent you a private message regarding the link and to also gather more information from you.