Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Did My Arlo Pro Stop Recording Motion?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Douglasearl1
Follower
Follower

Arlo Pro was installed and worked fine for 8 days. Has stopped recording motion and therefore sends no notifications. Two cameras installed and both not working. What has happened or what have I done wrong. Can view live video. Batteries charged. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check and confirm the cameras are ARMING... go to Mode and Arm cameras, then go to Live View screen...

confirm the "running man" is BLACK and not gray.   Only will record on motion if the man is Black

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check and confirm the cameras are ARMING... go to Mode and Arm cameras, then go to Live View screen...

confirm the "running man" is BLACK and not gray.   Only will record on motion if the man is Black

Morse is faster than texting!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Douglasearl1,

Here are a few links with some good info you may look in to:

Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free, and Arlo Go cameras trigger when the infrared technology detects an object that is warmer than the surrounding environment. The motion sensor is more sensitive to side-to-side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The motion sensitivity settings range from one (low sensitivity) to 100 (high sensitivity).

For more information about motion detection, see the following YouTube videos:

Arlo Wire-Free: Using Motion Detection

Arlo Quick Tip: Turning Motion Detection On or Off

Arlo Wire-Free: Troubleshooting Motion Detection

For more information about optimizing and troubleshooting motion detection, see the following knowledge base articles:

How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free, ...

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo cameras?