Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
AFE1966
Follower
Follower

New update: alarm function is gone!
How to get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For Android and iOS, these functions are located in the pull down drawer at the top of the main devices screen on the mobile app. Pull the drawer down and both e911 and the alarm buttons are there.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I never used the Alarm or E911 features and didn’t really like the position of those buttons in the prior version.  I was afraid I’d hit them by accident.  However, I can’t find those anywhere in the app now.  Hard to know if that was intentional or a mistake at this point.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

For me I also have never used it, but would still like it available.

The time I would use it would be that if my sensors triggered when I wasn’t in and looked live and if saw someone would press alarm to scare them hopefully away.

I useful feature that appears gone, given the unreliability of the system I don’t often have the alarm connected to the armed just all the recordings.
A

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For Android and iOS, these functions are located in the pull down drawer at the top of the main devices screen on the mobile app. Pull the drawer down and both e911 and the alarm buttons are there.

JamesC

G-SK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I no longer see the siren option in setting rules for arming the system. The only option seems to be if there is motion or sound, then record video (and specify length of recording) - there used to be an option for whether the siren should be triggered as well.
Pulling the siren tab down as mentioned above only turns it on and off manually but how do you set it to go off when there is motion?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Still there - when editing a rule, use the Add Device selection to add the siren or other devices.

G-SK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, got it. Thanks - it’s just not intuitive.