Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where are the FAQs listed for each Arlo product? Want to set up with scheduling.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
njsalazar
Follower
Follower

Where are the FAQs  listed for each arlo product?

I've searched and searched  specifically the FAQ for custom modes and I find no "sticky" or similar PAQ post that is pinned

Arlo Pro camera - want to set up my 3 cameras so that 1 is  recording from 8pm to 6am and the other 2 are from 10 to 6am.( each cam recording independently so if  cam1 detects it records.  cam 2 detects it records)

Have already created the  modes for each cam and how it detects and records. ( 3 separate modes  and rules. but when I go to schedule it only allows me to  schedule 1 mode during a particular time period and no overlapping cam/ modes

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@njsalazar wrote:

I'ver searched and searched  

Generally I use google, and add site:kb.arlo.com to the search string

@njsalazar wrote:

Have already created the  modes for each cam and how it detects and records.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

That's not the right way to think about it.  A mode controls all the cameras on the base simultaneously - and each base can only be set to use one mode at a time.

You only need one custom mode to do what you want.  That mode has only one rule for the camera that is active from 8pm to 6 am (and you need to schedule that mode from 8 pm to 10 pm).  The other two cameras will be disarmed when this mode is in use.

From 10 pm to 6 am, you use the normal "Armed" mode that has rules for all three cameras (since you want them all to record in that time).  You need two schedule entries for this mode - one from 10 pm to midnight, and another for midnight to 6 am..

Then schedule Disarmed from 6 am to 8 pm, since you don't want the cameras recording then.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

Generally I use google, and add site:kb.arlo.com to the search string

To make it even easier, I just use something like "arlo modes rules" as the search term. That certainly broadens the search scope but the FAQs (KB articles) almost always show first.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@njsalazar wrote:

I'ver searched and searched  specifcally the FAQ for custom modes and I find no "sticky" or similar PAQ post that is pinned

There are only FAQ pinned for the Ultra,  Pro3 and newer cam threads. There are none for Pro2 and older so a search here is needed if camera model specific,  or the answer may be in those threads FAQ