Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera defective is defective

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scoutmomma204
Follower
Follower

Before criticizing me because the warranty was up, read the whole story.

About two months ago, I started having issues receiving the rich notifications you get with the Arlo paid subscription. This feature allows you to see what is going on thru a video preview sent directly to your phone or smart watch without opening the app. When you have to go thru the app, your response time is very delayed should there be a true emergency.

This was an ongoing issue for over a month with contacting support and working through the troubleshooting techniques they offered. During this time, I was without that feature in times that it was really needed due to being out of town.

On the fourth communication with support , I kindly asked for them to refund the current month and month prior since that feature was not in use. This request was ignored. After getting a charged for it again, I went back to trouble shooting on my own without any luck. My husband and I were about to cancel the subscription when it just started working again on its own.

So during the trouble shooting tries with customer support, they advised me to unsync the cameras and try to resync them. This did not resolve the issue. However , only one of the two cameras would sync to the base station.

I sent a week trying to fix this issue after it was caused by customer service telling me to complete this. Finally I contacted customer service, and after spending over 45 minutes going thru steps I already went thru, they told me the camera is now defective and nothing could be done. They even understood that this was never a problem until working through the troubleshooting with them prior.

This is an example of horrible customer service. Now they want me to purchase another camera at no fault of my own.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say because you don't provide any details as to what you've tried, what you see, etc. so post everything here. BTW, simply canceling your subscription is how to stop payment and get a pro-rated refund for unused days.

My first step would be to remove everything from Settings, My Devices as well as holding the base reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber. Start fresh as if a new system.