Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
papidenadie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently when viewing the video on Chrome browser the video shakes, it appears as if the browser is trying to resize the image. When viewed on FF or Edge browser,  no issues at all. I was under the impresion maybe it was the flash permission but is not.   

Running windows 7  pro 

Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm on W10 so theree's a difference but I have no such "shaking" on my videos using Chrome. Viewing videos in the library doesn't use Flash so that's not the reason. What happens if you switch the video to full-screen?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I'm on W10 so theree's a difference but I have no such "shaking" on my videos using Chrome. 

I have seen it on W10 with Chrome (just a few days ago), but I am not seeing it now.  When I did see it, going full screen made it stop.

When I saw it I was running Chrome 76.  I'm running Chrome 77 now.  Though there were some other video weirdnesses going on with the PC at about that time (including strangely colored screen captures), so it might be not be the Chrome version.

papidenadie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running 77 and windows 7 pro and the issue persits. Correct viewing the video full screen stops but going back to regular view will continue to shake.  Only happens on Chrome and the issue started this week, not sure what changed on the web portal....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@papidenadie wrote:

I'm running 77 and windows 7 pro and the issue persits. Correct viewing the video full screen stops but going back to regular view will continue to shake.  Only happens on Chrome and the issue started this week, not sure what changed on the web portal....

I've seen with Chrome on-and-off for a long time (and am not seeing it right now), so I'm not convinced it's the web portal.

Personally I suspect the video drivers on my laptop.  I had similar issues with other videos (not Arlo) a year or so ago, and eventually figured out it was caused by a mirror display driver installed by Duet.

You might try turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome and see if that makes any difference.

papidenadie
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat @StephenB That unfortunately did not fix it, I tried shutting it down and nothing. Turn it back on and nothing.  Don't understand why it started after Arlo launch the new site.  Something to note if the browser window is not maximize the video viewing is fine, I maximize and the issue follows.....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Jobrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine shakes but viewing the full screen does not on all my cameras . This happened after the upgrade