Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving Fitbit alerts with new Aro app

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just spent the last 2 days with Arlo support trying to explain that since I switched to Arlo lifestyle app I no longer receive alerts on my fitbit, I only get them on my IphoneX.  When I switch back to the Arlo legacy app I do receive alerts on both devices.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo lifestyle app and that didn't help (result of first day speaking with support)   Today I uninstalled and reinstalled my fitbit app (result of 2nd day speaking with support) and that also didn't correct the issue.   Anyone else having this issue?   I can't take another phone call to Arlo support!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dkmjlm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Found an additional App on my Fitbit notifications other than the regular Arlo App. It was ....
com.arlo.com. I never saw this before but when I turned it on everything now works

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jaynielynette

Which Phone/Model/OS/Arlo App version are you using?

jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shane, my security camera is Arlo pro. My phone is an iPhone X and I have been using both a Arlo apps, legacy and lifestyle. legacy works for me to get notifications on my fitbit but the new lifestyle one does not.
Dkmjlm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem with the new app. Can’t get alerts on my Versa Fitbit. Alerts go to my iPhone 6s but no longer to my Fitbit. I have tried everything and no luck
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dkmjlm @jaynielynette

Thank you for the details. Just to verify, you are using the Arlo app version 2.9?

Dkmjlm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am using the updated app 2.9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shane, yes I am using 2.9. And as mentioned in my first post I contacted Customer Service twice. Honestly each were the most painful phone calls I’ve had to make. It took a full 20 minutes of them repeating everything I said to confirm that’s what I said to even start addressing my issue. After two phone calls the final deciding factor from Customer Service was for me to call Fitbit. I am not contacting Fitbit because that is not where the issue is from. I was getting notifications on my Fitbit under the old app and now I am not getting them under the new app. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize where the problem is.
jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shayne. This is my case # 41135158 And I received this email today:
Hi Jayne Lasco,

Your Case 41135158 is waiting for closure.
If you didn't respond it will be closing automatically in next 3 days.
Thanks
Dkmjlm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Found an additional App on my Fitbit notifications other than the regular Arlo App. It was ....
com.arlo.com. I never saw this before but when I turned it on everything now works
jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant
Com.arlo.com is not an app. Did you misstype it?
Dkmjlm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry. It is Com.Arlo.app
When I look at my notifications that are available in my Fitbit app, this is listed
jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not seeing this in my fitbit apps. Nothing is working to receive alerts on my fitbit since switching to new Arlo lifestyles. I still receive alerts under old Arlo legacy but that will end after tomorrow 9/30. Not happy with Arlo right now! Fix the app!!!!
jaynielynette
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally found the Fitbit app it was mentioned. It looks like that is the cure! I am finally getting a Arlo alerts on my Fitbit. Thank you thank you thank you