Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When using more than one phone to monitor property must each phone have their own acount

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
witvolk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Currently We have two phones to monitor property, but only the one phone is showing recordings in the library. The other phone when opening the app, show on profile there are recordings in the library, but when going to library there's no recordings.

Even when we delete no recordings on the phone that show recordings, going to the other phone there's still nothing in library.

Both phones are logging into the app using the same account name.

Should each user login using their own account name?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@witvolk wrote:

Both phones are logging into the app using the same account name.

Should each user login using their own account name?

Normally people use two accounts, and then grant access to the cameras to the second account.  https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

But that solves a different problem than the one you are reporting.  If you use only one account, only one of the apps can be logged in at a time.  Using two accounts allows both apps to be logged in.  That ensures that notifications reach both phones, and also is needed for geofencing.

You might want to contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

dhoward71
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 phones setup on geofencing. When I leave home I activate geofencing. It works under my name as the administrator and tells me when the other 2 are in the home area but it won't stay in home mode. It goes directly back to away mode even though 1 or both are home. We have to disarm to stop notifications and enable again if 1 of us leaves. I thought the main perk of this was to not have arm and disarm each time. If we constantly have to do that why use geofencing?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dhoward71

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

dhoward71
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I click on your link it just brings me back to Forum where I have to put in topic but it just shows previous posts. How can I talk in real time to tech support via message?
witvolk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I solved one problem, getting two phones each to connect to Arlo using their own account. The master account just have cameras shared with other account.

My other problem still remains, the master account don't see the notifications in the library anymore.

The mastyer account get the push notifications of alerts, but then going to the library it doesn't show the alerts.

Although the other account which is the guest account can see everything in the library.

Would it help to delete the app and reinstall it on the master accounts phone?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @witvolk

That would be one of the first steps of trouble shooting. Have you tried to contact support at the following link as well? Arlo Tech Support