Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Error message re storage

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SKBrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to look at the live view on my PC, an error message pops up in the middle of the screen asking for permission to use storage space on my computer.  At this point the screen is frozen.  The message window has two choices, allow or decline.  Neither one works and I cannot get rid of the window.  This does not happen on my iPhone where the live view is normal.  The live view on my PC has worked normally until today.

BTW, Arlo's "Support" is awful.  I won't go into details, but their line "We'd love to hear from you" is a lie.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SKBrown

It looks like something on your computer is blocking it. Have you made any changes to any settings recently?

Have you tried to reboot your computer & try again?

SKBrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried that, to no avail.  I agree, it looks like it is something in the computer but dog gone if I know what it is.  No, I have not made any changes to the computer lately.  I finally got thru to Arlo in a chat session, which lasted a couple of hours.  The tech tried his best but he couldn't figure it out either.  He has now kicked it upstairs so we'll see what they come up with.

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @SKBrown

It looks like something on your computer is blocking it. Have you made any changes to any settings recently?

Have you tried to reboot your computer & try again?

mikeaho1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Continues to show the Flash error message:  allow arlo to store data on pc

mikeaho1
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mikeaho1

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

mikeaho1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have contacted customer support and my problem has not been resolved. My security cameras are not a hobby for me nor do I have the time to research it.  Thanks for your assistance but I need to find a way to make the window blocking my view go away.

SKBrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI, "upstairs" has never gotten back to me.  I think they lost interest.  Besides, algorithms are a lot cheaper than real people.