Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Harry124
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m trying to have my perimeter cameras each detect motion individually and record individually. This is without setting up a rule to have one main camera tell the rest to start recording. My issue is what if that camera hasn’t detected motion yet and the others have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The usual approach is to have one rule for each camera in the mode selected.
When you add each rule to a mode, select a different camera and choose what to do.
If you’re using the web portal, be aware that the default will always be the first camera in the list rather than the next camera selected so this will need changing to the wanted camera.

Using the mobile app I find is easier as it works differently.

You also have the option to record multiple cameras when one is triggered as you already found out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
The usual approach is to have one rule for each camera in the mode selected.
When you add each rule to a mode, select a different camera and choose what to do.
If you’re using the web portal, be aware that the default will always be the first camera in the list rather than the next camera selected so this will need changing to the wanted camera.

Using the mobile app I find is easier as it works differently.

You also have the option to record multiple cameras when one is triggered as you already found out.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Harry124 wrote:
I’m trying to have my perimeter cameras each detect motion individually and record individually. 

The default "Armed" mode already is built that way (unless you edited it).

As @Dannybear says, in a custom mode you set up one rule for each camera you want to arm, which includes the trigger.  Just make sure each camera's triggers on its own motion detection.

Harry124
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did find out that in the Alarm mode it didn’t let me add additional rules for each camera activation. I had to set up a custom mode, then added each camera as its own rule