Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not charging

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mortality85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had a basic system for 2-3 years now, just two cameras for diy monitoring in the house. Last week I noticed that both cameras weren’t charging. They’ve since died and I’m trying to figure out if it’s the cameras or the charging cable (I’m using the original charger from arlo). I can’t seem to get in touch with support to check this because I’m on the free plan. What are my options? Thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mortality85 wrote:
I only have the one charger, I’ve tried swapping out cables with other micro usbs that I have and the arlo wall block but that didn’t work either.

Do you have another (non-arlo) charger you can test with?  One that supports QuickCharge should charge the battery.  W/O QuickCharge it can run the camera, but not charge it.

You can also try connecting the Arlo charger with the camera battery removed, and see if the camera comes back to life.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ in the support section about reviving dead batteries. Basically you have to plug them in several times to get enough voltage in the battery to allow a proper charge.

Mortality85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try that now, thank you! Back shortly
Mortality85
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I’ve tried that on both cameras with no success. I think it’s a defective charging cable or my cameras are broken I’m just not sure if there’s a way to prove that without buying new equipment first.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mortality85 wrote:
So I’ve tried that on both cameras with no success. I think it’s a defective charging cable or my cameras are broken I’m just not sure if there’s a way to prove that without buying new equipment first.

I think it's more likely that only one thing is broken than two.

How many cables and arlo chargers do you have?

Mortality85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only have the one charger, I’ve tried swapping out cables with other micro usbs that I have and the arlo wall block but that didn’t work either.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mortality85 wrote:

Do you have another (non-arlo) charger you can test with?  One that supports QuickCharge should charge the battery.  W/O QuickCharge it can run the camera, but not charge it.

You can also try connecting the Arlo charger with the camera battery removed, and see if the camera comes back to life.

Mortality85
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was the charger, thanks all for the help! Ended up buying a new charger and am good to go now.