Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Cassini
Initiate
Initiate
Can the camera be sold on eBay etc?
(Risk assessment of theft and resale potential.)
5 REPLIES 5
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Absolutely nothing. Someone can snag it and throw it on eBay. Arlo had no system to track serial numbs
Cassini
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for your response..
That is absolutely unbelievable! So, my £100 camera can just be pulled off its mount and sold!!
I would have thought that there would be a mapping of the camera ID to my setup. No one should be able to tamper with this and the result would my camera would only work on my setup and no one else’s
What an incredible oversight., words fail me if this is correct. I will not be buying into anymore of the product!
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah. I use the screw mounts and have them set fairly high. You would need to do work to remove them.
Timmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems it would be an easy solution to prevent a reported stolen device from being connected to another account.  Amazon did this for me when my echo dot was stolen from my house.  They made it so the device could not be registered again unless I called to have it reported as found/returned.

Britnam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Ring doorbell and Stick-Up Cam, and if they get stolen, Ring replaces them...

I am considering buying an Arlo Pro2 system, but the price is quite high. This would definitely help me make the decision in Netgear's favour...