Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What happened to the preview image when receiving push notifications on phone?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hesc0bar
Aspirant
Aspirant

What happened to the preview image when receiving phone alerts? That was definitely a key feature for Arlo and I’m not sure why they would get rid of it. It takes too much time once you receive an alert to then open your phone, then the app, then you have to wait for that notification to update then you have to hit play to see what the alert is, and by then it can potentially be too late if it was indeed a serious threat/alert. Having the preview image gave you a sense of calm knowing that you are able to quickly see if the alert is serious or not. Please Arlo, please bring this feature back. I may have to reconsider using Arlo moving forward if this feature has indeed been disabled for good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hesc0bar
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s weird because it miraculously started working again! I’m a happy camper now lol

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Hesc0bar,

You should be getting preview images on push notifications if you have an Arlo Smart Subscription, which you can read about it here: What is the Arlo Smart rich notification feature?

If you're not seeing these preview images and have an Arlo Smart subscription, try rebooting your phone device to see if that helps. Otherwise, try reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that also helps.

Arjens01
Initiate
Initiate

I haven’t had that issue, I do believe it’s only available if you have a subscription.  I agree, this feature is simply awesome and should never go away.   Hope you can figure out how to get it back.  

Hesc0bar
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s weird because it miraculously started working again! I’m a happy camper now lol