Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Ripleey7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the camera set to view my drive and parked cars.  Trouble is, the camera is picking up every bug that flies by...night time...every 4-5 seconds.  Can't seem to turn the sensitivity down.

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to edit the sense level in the mode your using...

To change sense level;
Click on MODE
Click on BASE and modes will appear in right side column
Click on the MODE you want to edit, use ">" to edit same
you should now see the cameras, pick the one you want and hit EDIT
Drop down to MOTION is detected and hit edit again
The sense level slider is there... when you back out ( go BACK one page ) SAVE at bottom of the previous page

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ripleey7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done this.  I guess I am confused by the icons.  Slow <--> Fast  which way is less sensitive?  Tried both, but still getting notifications every minute or so.  When I watch live vid....I can see the small bugs...smaller than a fly....not the size of a moth or anything......🙁

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To the left is less sensitive. Be sure to save after making changes.  Also, small bugs are unlikely to trigger detection.  Take your cameras and place them facing a wall with no motion going on.  Are the recordings still occuring?  If so, open a case with support.

Bonjonesie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey my audio goes off constantly and guess what. The setting for audio is turned to off!! What?! I have to turn the camera off completely so it won't keep going off help!
Ripleey
Tutor
Tutor
I think you want to keep the audio you have turned off back on, then go to "mode" then armed then click the pencil on the right...then you can decide when each device will record. We have some set to record with audio or motion and others just to motion. Hope this helps. Make sure you have the other setting back on tho.
MNIcewolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat, trying to set up a set of new cams. The driveway one watching over my shop and driveway goes off about every 10 minutes and I now have it down to 50%. My patio one is still at 80% watching over the adjoining area and it rarely goes off. I'll keep turning the sensotivity down until I get to 5% then I have to wonder, will it even pick anything up any more?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Is your firmware up to date?
Bonjonesie
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I called support, and they walked me through changing the sensitivity levels,- this helped tremendously.  One of my cameras is just super sensitive, but when the tech walked me through it, I was able to make it managable, without having to turn the whole thing off.

Bonjonesie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, it is a really good idea to carefully spray "Raid" or some sort of bug spray (AROUND) not on the cameras.  This will keep bugs from setting it off.

MNIcewolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, did that yesterday as soon as I brought them up.

MNIcewolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still adjusting down. I'm now down to 15%, I'll see how that works out.