Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to order the Arlo Pro 4 camera set here in Thailand branded as Netgear.  I want this product as I need to fix 4 cameras outdoors around my property.  I checked the webpage for the box contents and found the following text: 

Arlo Pro Smart Security System 4 cameras

(4) Arlo Pro smart security cameras

(4) Rechargeable batteries

(1) Base station with built-in siren

(1) Power adapter(1) Power cable

(1) Ethernet cable

(4) Wall mounts

(2) Wall mount screw sets

(1) Outdoor security mount

(1) Outdoor security mount screw set

(1) Quick start guide

(2) Window decals

So I see 4 wall mounts (internal or external?).  I see only 2 wall mount screw sets.  I see only 1 outdoor mount and screw set.  The local seller confirmed this is the boxed content. 

So there are a total of 3 screw sets for 4 wall mounts and only 1 is suitable for outdoor use despite these being waterproof cameras!?  I asked how I could buy additional outdoor mounts and screws and the local seller is unable to help.

Can someone confirm that the above content is correct and how additional external mounts and screw sets can be purchased?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All mounts are indoor/outdoor. The difference is that 3 wall mounts are the magnetic hemispherical ones while the "outdoor" one is a threaded mount. The threaded ones are a bit more secure since people/animals can't knock the cameras off the mount but still can be unscrewed. There are a zillion similar mounts available from both Arlo as well as virtually anyplace that sells outdoor camera mounts with 1/4"-20 threads (think Amazon among many others).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All mounts are indoor/outdoor. The difference is that 3 wall mounts are the magnetic hemispherical ones while the "outdoor" one is a threaded mount. The threaded ones are a bit more secure since people/animals can't knock the cameras off the mount but still can be unscrewed. There are a zillion similar mounts available from both Arlo as well as virtually anyplace that sells outdoor camera mounts with 1/4"-20 threads (think Amazon among many others).