Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

WPA2 password? Software update problems. Arlo Pro VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DuncanLeFeuvre
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought this system. Ever since first using it, it has been asking for a firmware update and camera update. Because of our very slow internet speed, below 1Mb/s, it would appear to time out. So, I wish to download via my iPhone6/MacPro. When connecting, via WiFi, to the base station, it is asking for the WPA2 password, which I can't find anywhere? Could someone please advise where i can find it?

Oddly, on rare occassions, it seems to work without asking for the update! This lasts just for a few moments, before reverting to asking for an update....?!

The box above will not allow me to enter the corect data...? The following is correct.

Model VMB4000r3      Firmware 1.8.2.3_9907         OS10.2.1 on iPhone6s

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can't connect to the base in any way. To do what you're attempting, you'd need a WiFi extender to plug the base into. Set your phone up as a hotspot and connect the extender to your phone hotspot. Then try the firmware updates. You might have to leave it set up overnight to allow the automatic updates to occur.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can't connect to the base in any way. To do what you're attempting, you'd need a WiFi extender to plug the base into. Set your phone up as a hotspot and connect the extender to your phone hotspot. Then try the firmware updates. You might have to leave it set up overnight to allow the automatic updates to occur.
DuncanLeFeuvre
Aspirant
Aspirant
Many thanks. I'll give it a try and get back to you.
DuncanLeFeuvre
Aspirant
Aspirant