Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo pro camera does not record on motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
John54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i have the original Arlo camera and base unit. I just purchased the new Arlo Pro camera (original Arlo camera discontinued) this new Arlo Pro is an add on camera to my existing system. I installed and synced the new Arlo pro to my system with no problem. I can view what the camera sees live, however the camera is not recording when motion is present. It does record if I view live and press record. So my only problem as stated above is not recording automatically when motion is present. When I first installed this camera it did a firmware update. My other camera which is the original Arlo is working and records motion and sends notification to my email. I don't know if the new Arlo pro camera is defective or something else is wrong. Net gear has posted that the new Arlo pro is compatible with the existing base unit. Anyone have any suggestions.???  If I can't resolve this I would return this camera thinking that maybe it's defective. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You likely didn't add the new camera to your modes. It's automatically added to the default Armed mode but your custom modes require you to add a rule.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You likely didn't add the new camera to your modes. It's automatically added to the default Armed mode but your custom modes require you to add a rule.
John54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

thats what it was. All is good now.