Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
danico
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have owned my Arlo Pro system since April 2017. Purchased as a kit with 3 cams. The station model name is WMB4000.. The system was easy to setup originally. When we moved in November, I just plugged it back in and it worked immediately.

Then, a week ago, the Arlo Station started showing offline in the mobile app. I power cycled it, verified the ethernet connections and my router config. Nothing in the way of it working.

Even troubleshot it using the instructions here: https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it and here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values The strange thing is that all three green lights were on with the middle one (Internet connection indicator) flickering green.

Reseting it it did nothing either. I now cannot have it detected during the normal setup process and just first power green light on, second internet light flickering green, last one is off since I haven't even made it to synching my cams..

The station shows up in my router's local DHCP connections.

What else can I do?

Please help.

Thanks,
Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You likely didn't remove all devices in Settings, My Devices when you reset. Do tht and you should be able to claim the base and sync the cameras.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You likely didn't remove all devices in Settings, My Devices when you reset. Do tht and you should be able to claim the base and sync the cameras.

danico
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick reply jguerdat. It worked!

Dan

Zar500
Aspirant
Aspirant

cant reconnect to the internet. Tried to remove devices from app like recomended but app shows no devices

Help

dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i have the exact same issues you are having. it has been working fine for more than a year until yesterday when i had a power outage. i have tried all sorts of this with changing cables, changing router settings. and still no green light for the internet connection. i know the cables are working because i have it connected to my pc's and there is internet connection. and the router is working fine too as it is providing wifi internet to my other devices. last hope now is to reset the base station and if that doesnt work then i dont know what to do. 

danico
Aspirant
Aspirant
Reset of base worked fine for me. Make sure to follow instructions and to remove the device from your account before you go through setup again. Good luck!
dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thansk for that. where is the instruction to do this reset and remove the device from the account

danico
Aspirant
Aspirant
Link is in my original message
dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi i have tried your method to reset the base station. all i get now is a green power light. no light for the internet connection and amber for the camera.

any other suggestions.

danico
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does your base appear in your list of DHCP devices on the router’s control panel?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on your base showing?

danico
Aspirant
Aspirant
Look I can’t keep doing this. But all leds are green. Good luck! Start ypur own thread maybe...
dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi Sorry for the delay

previously before the reset it appeared in my DHCP list.

after the reset i dont see it now.

previously before the reset i had green for power and green for cameras

after rest green for power and amber for camera

dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

both before and after the reset the led for the internet does not come on. 

when i log in it says my base station is offline.

i fear the lan port on the base station is not functioning.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a different Ethernet cable and a different port on the router. Reboot your modem, router and base, in that order.

dazzyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi i have tried the method shown above. i still have the same issue. green on power and amber on camera. no led lighting up for the internet connection.

weird thing is i see the DHCP has assigned an ip adress to the base station. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's definitely a hardware problem but it may be as simple as a bad LED. Since you can see it connected to the router, remove everything from Settings, My Devices associated with the base and try to claim it. If it works, you can decide whether to keep it or get it replaced. If it's new enough, swap at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx