Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
J-Wo
Tutor
Tutor

I just bought 2 Arlo Pro cameras. Set them up and they work on my phone App.  I went to view it on my PC through the website, and just like all the posts I've read, you can't get it to work on Chrome or Edge because of the Flash. Yes, I've enabled Flash.  Yes, I've got the latest version of Flash.  How much longer until this is fixed?  Or, when is Arlo going to develop an App to download in Windows 10 so it works?  We are coming up on 2019 and I've got to believe that Arlo is technically advanced enough to fix this.  It's just terrible that you can only view your camera on the phone app.

9 REPLIES 9
J-Wo
Tutor
Tutor

I found a fix!  Download onto your PC the Android bridge app called BlueStacks (according to the web, it's safe).  Once you download BlueStacks and open it, search Google Play for the Arlo app and download it.  Log in and you can see your Arlo app inside the BlueStacks screen.  It works for me, hope it works for you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't need a workaround since Chrome works fine. Flash is built into Chrome so there's no installing needed. The latest versions require that you enable Flash since it's disabled by default now. When you get the update Flash message at the top, enter:

chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

and disable the setting. Restart Chrome. This is needed on Chrome v69 and above.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

BlueStacks is an android emulator. While you can install it on your windows device and run an emulated version of android on your windows device, this is not the preferred method and most non-technical people shouldn't get involved in installing android emulators on their windows computer. I had bluestacks running for a while on a dedicated machine used for remote access only and was able to run android apps on it remotely, but it was slow, prone to crashing, and the bluestacks android version is always far behind the current android version. Meaning you sometimes can't install the latest version of the android app.

Currently, Google Chrome, if setup correctly, will play Arlo library videos. I'm not sure about FireFox.

For Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer........ Microsoft recently closed a flash security flaw in Edge and IE, which blocks playback of flash videos when that video is embedded in the webpage in an insecure manner. Chrome also blocked this flaw, but allows you to essentially by-pass it, which is why Chrome still works if setup correctly.

Using bluestacks is your choice, but just setting up and using Chrome is the easier way to view your videos until Arlo fixes their website.

mrbane
Tutor
Tutor

I prefer to other emualtors instead due to  is bluestacks safe issue and more importantly it slows down my system as if trasfering my data to their servers.  I tried installing flash player and updated chrome settings but none of them works and am currently using memu to access my library 

dougwms
Aspirant
Aspirant

Entering that string brings up loads of experimental features. When you say to "disable the setting" what exact setting are you referring to? There are 2 Flash Overlay Scrollbars features and 1 feature with the word ephemeral in it but not mentioning Flash. I have tried disabling all in every possible combination, yet the message to "Please Install the latest version of Flash Player" continues to appear as always. Is there something else I should be doing? Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit). Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather old thread wit multiple updates to both Chrome and Flash in the meantime.

With current Chrome versions, you simply click on the "click here" link in the Flash warning banner and select Allow in the popup box.

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, but we shouldn't have to do that. Arlo is the only web page that I visit that requires this every time.

Philip_Clucas
Aspirant
Aspirant

None of the suggestions in this series of posts works on my up to date Windows 10, Chrome or Firefox browsers, which are all up to date. #NotGood

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works here every time on W10 and multiple browsers. We need details for what you're doing, what you see, what you've tried, etc.