Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dB20
Star
Star

Arlo app only plays latest selected video no matter what video I select from my library. For example, if I select a video from earlier in the day, it plays the latest one. It was working fine until I updated to latest version of the app. iPhone app ver 2.7.1.

244 REPLIES 244
Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice

The temp solution seems to be, depending on what type of phone you have, swipe left to view videos, you can go to the previouse day this way too. Or someone elso said hold the play button down,this is not familiar to me so worth scrolling through the other suggestions people have added. 🙂

lauriemc
Aspirant
Aspirant

lately on the app i click on a video, but it plays the most recent video.  

lauriemc
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here.  Ios App on phone only, okay on my desktop.  

johndegraff
Star
Star

Here is what they gave me to do and my responses - they did not admit to me they had an issue with the update but it sure looks like they did dince this is when I started having issues.

1. Completely Logout of the Arlo app then log back in. - I have done this numerous times

2. Power cycle phone. - have done this numerous times

3. Uninstall then re-install Arlo app. - I have done this and have the same results

4. Try using other Smart Phones, or use the Arlo website on your desktop computer and check if the issue persists. Works fine on the computer

5. Try downloading the videos from the library and check if you will get the same issue. works fine when downloaded

BDB5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Excellent! Thanks Dannybear. I’ll continue to hope for improvements from Arlo support it until they pick up their game it’s good to m know there are helpful members of the community willing t
Dprice3rd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Multiple clips under each device on phone. Does not matter which one I choose to view. Application shows most recent in library for that camera

Dannybear
Master
Master
Known issue if you’re using iOS App v2.7.1, no update to when it will be fixed. Hopefully in the next App release.
The work around is to swipe left while viewing video in library to get to the wanted video. Hopefully you don’t have a lot videos.
Kisaje
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t view clips I choose to see .on my iPhone.. system puts me on another camera library to view
I’ve removed and reloaded Arlo
With no luck
Ibcruzn
Guide
Guide

Same issue. iPhone 6S when using the Arlo App only accesses the last video recorded. Can see the others listed, but when any are selected only the latest video is played. Desktop access works just fine as any historical video can be viewed that remains in the cloud. Maybe the Arlo senior management team needs to hire a software configuration manager that knows how to look all of them in the eye and say no, the latest version can't be released yet because it doesn't work. (Geez, I hope they have a Software Configuration Manager, if they do, where are they?)

donkeyhotay
Guide
Guide

I'll wager that what happened was that they tested the app and selected the first video and it played so they signed off on it -- because of course, if it plays the first video in the listview why would it not play any of the others.  It's a rookie mistake and an embarrassing one.  Also suprising that it's taking so long for them to fix it.  

JN99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously, how long does it take to fix this?

johndegraff
Star
Star

I really wish I knew as it is a real pain in the butt to review stuff.  I opened a case and they sent me what I guess was a blanket fix all list of things to do and I replied to them none of it worked and have not heard a thing back since. Starting to rethink using Arlo in the future. 

adajet
Aspirant
Aspirant
On so many levels Arlo is not handling this well. My case was opened up weeks ago. I followed up with an email to ask how long to fix. I did not even get a courtesy acknowledgment let alone an answer. I’m rethinking this product as well.
Comoxvalley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was going to add another 2 cameras but starting to think it might not be worth the money if there is going to be problems like this.  I'm able to view my library now and can't imagine how frustrating it is for those who cannot.  This system is not cheap and Arlo is losing customer confidence in their product.  I have recommended the system to others but will no longer. 

johndegraff
Star
Star

I was going to add more cameras and am now looing at options. Blink has an indoor camera with a 2 year battery life and Anker Eufycam has an outdoor that looks like the arlo with a bigger battery and 1 year battery life. 

Wrossillo
Initiate
Initiate
When I try to view recordings it defaults to the most recent recording and I have to scroll through to the recording I want to watch. This just changed in the past 2 weeks. Is there anyway to choose the recording I want to watch like I used to be able to do?
Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Ah... Thanks for reaching out. I think the issue is that you keep seeing only the latest video and cannot view others easily right?

If so, this is a known issue, we're working on it.

TW35601
Guide
Guide
Same issue pretty big one the main reason to drop ring. So when is the fix give me
Wrossillo
Initiate
Initiate
That is the basic gist. Glad you’re working on it.
Ibcruzn
Guide
Guide

So, here's a quick update. 8:00 PM on 02-05-18 all my stored cloud video disappeared including the latest one. 6:58 AM on 02-06-18 history is back, but the problem remains uncorrected. Wife's phone is working ok as she didnot install the update. Kinda makes you wonder how many members of their Board of Director's have any Arlo camera's, or if any of their "C" people ("C" people = CEO, COO, CFO, CIO, etc.) do. Oh, and CIO is Chief Information Officer, hopefully they're providing the necessary guidance to make a speedy recovery possible. Probably a good time to just go outside, take your shoes off, and make figure eights in the dirt with your big toes.

johndegraff
Star
Star

OK- so as an update to this issue - I got an email from support pretty much asking the same stuff we have gone over. This is certainley starting to look like a problem that may not be fixed till the next update cause they are not saying there is an issue even though we all are. Here is my response to the latest email: I am unsure if you are wasting my time or yours here with what seems to be a blanket form of questions. I have already given you most of this information and the non-working part is your app, which I have already told you was the latest update that caused this problem. My phone updates automatically and my phone is on update 12.1.3 and has gone through 2 updates while your app has not been working prior to any of those updates. MY arlo app is version 2.7.1. None of the other information you are asking for has anything to do with the problems in this case! You guys did an update to your app - I started having issues - we go back and forth because I guess you don't have a fix for a problem you don't seem to want to admit you have. There are lots of people having this issue and funny thing, some are being told it is a known problem, others are not even getting responses and some are getting what appears to be form questionnaires like I am asking questions over and over and having them try things which none have worked. This needs to be addressed by your software team and corrected or you need to roll out an update taking us back to the older version that was working. 

TVn636
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue!

Leeny
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo recently seems to have a glitch I can’t figure out
No matter which video I click on it only replays the last one
Any suggestions?
MJDesigns
Initiate
Initiate

It would be nice if support would indicate WHEN it will be fixed.  I want to expand my system but we will see. 😞

Dnelson
Guide
Guide

I'm disappointed that Arlo hasn't fixed this yet, but perhaps they've reallocated all their engineers into trying to fix a major screw-up with their new Arlo Ultra 4K cameras. 
https://www.techhive.com/article/3337511/home-tech/arlo-puts-the-brakes-on-its-arlo-ultra-4k-securit...