Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video going to B & W

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
aussiemart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Bit of advise i have a camera that when it records starts in colour for a second then goes to black and white is there a fix on this or do i need to contact support? If it needs replacing does someone have an email address for them as i tried doing it online and the the page wouldnt load.

Also when watching live it will sometimes be in colour and other times it will be black and white.

the camera is only about 6 months old, it isnt the furthest from the base station it is in the middle and the other 2 cameras work fine.

It is up to date on firmware and it is located outside same as the other 2 cameras i have. It also has a protective sleeve on it. It is located under the back decking.

On a side issue is someone going to fix the session time out on the android app it is annoying having to log in all the time and yes i have the latest version.

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

When your camera goes "black and white", it's going into night vision mode because there isn't enough light to keep it in "day light mode". That's how it's supposed to work. If it's located under a deck, it's definetly not getting enough light so it goes into night vision mode so you can see in the dark.

BTW - there is a new version of the android app, came out today, give it a try.

aussiemart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I will try moving it but to be honest it isnt dark under the deck as it is at least 10 foot off the ground and it has only started to occur in the last week or so. there is plenty of light as it gets the morning sun I think i attached a photo of all 3 to give you an idea.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok. If it only started in the last week or so, only thing I can think of is this time of year the sun angle starts to become more overhead as we move into spring / summer months so maybe that's affecting it. Could also be the cover blocking some of the outide light. If you move it out into a bright area and it still does it, then maybe there is something wrong with the camera, in which case you should open a case with support.

aussiemart
Aspirant
Aspirant

New app seems to be working no "session time out" so far. Have relocated camera will see how that works tomorrow.

Thanks for the advise.