Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS4130 new app.?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Pro VMS4130 & Arlo Q VMC4030-100

Like many others I experienced a severe problem with the software app on my Android phone recently.  Always having to log back in, or remove old app pages before operation, as well as a failure of the Geofencing option.

Then a few weeks ago we were offered an app update to version 2.4.10_20077.

Since that time the Arlo system has worked perfectly, no problems and back to normal operation.

Today the Google app update page shows that we can access an updated app version 2.4.11_20331

The accompanying note just says ‘ bug fixes ‘..  

As customers / users we lack information.  There should be a place where we can read more details…

Bug fixes on which version of Android, or which phones.?

Has anyone tried this app.??

Are there any problems..??

Why should I update the app when I do not have any bug issues.??

I remain  VERY HESITANT  to ‘ update ‘ the Arlo app based upon the last ‘update’ which caused so many problems.

In information appreciated…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Working fine for me and pretty  much always has done. Currently on app version 2.4.11_20331 on an S7 Edge. Not using fingerprint access

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's working fine for me but I wasn't having issues before on 3 different devices.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The "what's new" section in the google store actually says: Bug fix that resolves a crash.

Which means, they fixed a bug that caused the app to crash sometimes. From reading these forums I'm pretty sure it's specifically related to andriod 8 (oreo) and most people I saw with the crash problem had the Samsung S9 or S9+.

I installed it on my S8 with android 8 and everything is working fine.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Working fine for me and pretty  much always has done. Currently on app version 2.4.11_20331 on an S7 Edge. Not using fingerprint access