Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro keeps getting false triggers

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
talleric
Follower
Follower

I've seen other posts concerning this but no real substantive answer. I have an Arlo Pro wire free camera and keep getting false triggers. The video always starts out with a flash of Light which I have read is the iris adjusting and then shows nothing moving at all. This is not caused by passing cars or some other passing IR because I live in the woods and there is no traffic Within hundreds of feet through the woods. The camera is mounted about 9 feet in the air on a tree pointed down at about 45 degree angle toward my driveway. It always seems to happen on a sunny day and as I said it is just a flash of light and then no movement. Setting the sensitivity lower is not a good answer. It's currently set to 90%. If there's no motion then sensitivity should be able to be set high and not have a false trigger.

Example :
https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/DEC4A9FA53E1EEF7_201804

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The inital "flash" is relatively normal, as you've read. As for nothing moving, especially in the scene your video shows, it could easily be a bird or animal that moves into and out of the camera view quickly. Motion is detected but the startup lag of 2-3 seconds could well allow the subject to move out of view.  Can't be sure but it's a likely cause.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Definitely likely to be a bird flying by or even IR from the sun reflecting off trees/leaves. Even though the lag on the Pro is much less than the older HD, by the time the recording starts, a bird flying past will be long out of frame. Additionally, I get a number of triggers from bugs and it's only the very odd one that you manage to catch on the video