VMS3330 compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I already use the 3 camera home system through the high speed fibre service I subscribe for in the UK. As it appears to do everything it says it will on the box, I am going to get a second 3 camera home system for a different property where the  Wifi service is delivered to a 300N router in the house by Microwave through an external dish. The router has the usual the usual 4 LAN Ports but I thought I would ask whether anyone can confirm if the second system will be compatible with the second VMS 3330 purchase. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Several things come up int your post...

All cameras ( of the Arlo, Pro, Pro2 ) are compatable with each other so no issue there... but If you are going to use more than 5 cameras, you prob will have to upgrade your account as the Basic level only supports 5 cameras.

( or you can run 2 separate basic accounts with diff emails/pw )

As to microwave feed, the min allowed download is spec'ed at 1 Mbs... ( tho I think 2 would be better ) make sure you service will have speed or issue do occur.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that. I was thinking of 2 systems of 3 cameras on different email addresses to prevent any contamination. Contracted speed is minimum 10Mb and I can't say I have noticed any difference when generally using the fibre system or the microwave system except for atmospheric events with the later.