Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
johnmbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I already use the 3 camera home system through the high speed fibre service I subscribe for in the UK. As it appears to do everything it says it will on the box, I am going to get a second 3 camera home system for a different property where the  Wifi service is delivered to a 300N router in the house by Microwave through an external dish. The router has the usual the usual 4 LAN Ports but I thought I would ask whether anyone can confirm if the second system will be compatible with the second VMS 3330 purchase. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Several things come up int your post...

All cameras ( of the Arlo, Pro, Pro2 ) are compatable with each other so no issue there... but If you are going to use more than 5 cameras, you prob will have to upgrade your account as the Basic level only supports 5 cameras.

( or you can run 2 separate basic accounts with diff emails/pw )

As to microwave feed, the min allowed download is spec'ed at 1 Mbs... ( tho I think 2 would be better ) make sure you service will have speed or issue do occur.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
johnmbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that. I was thinking of 2 systems of 3 cameras on different email addresses to prevent any contamination. Contracted speed is minimum 10Mb and I can't say I have noticed any difference when generally using the fibre system or the microwave system except for atmospheric events with the later.